What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
lesa said:
Snow is melted- I spread some chicken poop and egg shells. Even cleaned out the coop!! All without freezing! Snow and below freezing temps for tomorrow. But, at least I got to smell the dirt!!
:ep What ?! Your snow is melted? Now I'm really jealous! I spent time outside yesterday and today too, because it is heartbreakingly beautiful, we have SUNSHINE!!! And that is an event!
I suppose I could spread some chicken litter too, but it would be over a few feet of snow! :lol:

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hate to even say it, thistle... we really haven't had more than 10 inches, total. That horrible storm that crippled the east coast, gave us a dusting!! For sure, we will get ours... but, let me tell you, seeing that grass and dirt, is good for the soul!
I spread the poop over snow all the time, then when ever nature decides to combine it with the dirt- it will be there, ready, willing and diluted!

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It must of been the day for it because I cleaned my chicken coop too. Everything went into my compost pile. Going to plant onion seeds in about an hour. Our temp is going to drop tonight so I know I won't want to plant them tomorrow.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
joining the club on the coop cleaning! :lol: started yesterday, had dh help me drag out 2 trash buckets full of shaving/poop mix from the last cleaning this past fall to make room for the latest batch. tomorrow i will have him help me take those down to the other garden and spread them!

started my new year off right! started some seeds for an indoor garden! some spinach, a couple of pots of beans, a couple pots of pickle bush cukes! i need to do some leaf lettuce too and my bhut jolokia peppers for dh so he can get his heat fix earlier than anticipated! :lol:

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Got my shallots from bulbs planted today. I might be a tad early but I have the spare ground and it will come up when the time is right. I saved shallot seed last year so I'll plant some from seed and see what happens. I never planted shallot from seed before. I prefer shallots over onions becuse they store so easy and keep so long. They can substitute in any recipe that calls for onions.

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The seed starting has begun! I started asparagus & onion seeds (which I have never done before), and had a little room left over for some tomatoes. I know, I know, it's very early, but last year I had some pretty awesome seedlings that I started in January. Keeps me sane through the winter!

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
We just had snow last week here in the high desert and there is some still on the ground but yesterday when I pruned roses I found some had already had leaves growing and the rest are budding out. I guess they are anxious for spring.

Luvsroses

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I planted myself into my truck and drove half an hour up the hill to get out of this cold miserable valley fog! I got my indoor starting trays though and will start some early tomatoes, peppers, and some kind of flowers probably tomorrow! Love this thread ;)

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
We had fog for a few days but it seems to have blown away. We don't get fog much here in the high desert but I used to live in the San Juaquin Valley and am familiar with the fog in the valley. I pruned some of my roses Wed. and hope to finish the rest this weekend, about8 more) but I noticed some of my bulbs are coming up. The wildflowers will be lovely this year.

Latest posts