What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
fastfreddy43 said:
just put my sprouted tomato plants on the porch i never posted before hope i do it right
Fastfreddy, I'm glad you joined us :frow. You will find TEG very helpful, I hope. Helpful even if, like me, you don't always read very well.

I read your "sprouted tomato" as "sprouted potato" and realized that my 6 pounds of seed potatoes are still down in the basement! I need to get them upstairs where it is warm and they can do some sprouting!!

Steve

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Today I planted:
Sweet Peppers (transplants): 2 Big Bertha, 2 Orange, 1 yellow, 2 Red, waiting for my chocolate pepper to get big enough to move to the garden
Gourds
Sunflowers
Zinnia
Strawflowers
Cali Poppies
Chives
Cucumber

I also took a look at the raised beds and see lots of seedlings! Squash, zucchini, beans, cucumber, ONION, and even some peas (yes, I know it's LATE for peas...)

And, the flowerbed in front of the chicken house has seedlings coming up too! Zinnia, some cali poppies, maybe some marigolds, chives, and hopefully soon some sunflowers... (oh my gosh... did I plant sunflowers there? I can't remember!) ... guess I'll find out! *grin*

PS: Still NO activity in the strawberry bed... :/

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today I helped our grandson plant peas. That boy cant wait each year to have fresh peas..he will just hull them and eat them right there in the garden!!

Thunderlilies

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I have lots of plans for planting this spring. So far I've planted one apple tree, two nectarine trees, 6 rosa rugosas, some asparagus plants, two clematis vines, two forsythias, and I have 6 thuja "green giant" trees on the way. I love this time of year! :)

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I planted green beans (pole) and green pepper plants yesterday and also some gerbera daisies and moss rose. The daisies and moss rose went in a half whiskey barrel I bought to go with my old, old, water pump. I would have liked a water feature in it but we get too many dust storms and the sand would mess up the pump as well as the water.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thunderlilies said:
. . . 6 rosa rugosas . . .
For rose hip tea? Welcome to TEG, Thunderlilies :frow!

I think it had better be the potatoes tomorrow!

I decided the seed potatoes should find themselves in a warm spot for a few days since they are fixin' to take up their garden location soon. That darn basement cold room! Over the last 5 days and at only 51F, they've been growin' just fine, thank you!

Top to Bottom > Red Norland, Goldrush, Yukon Gold,& Purple Viking

I got them out of their paper sacks and into a box, anyway. Now, you don't suppose that it would hurt to plunge these spuds into some 45F soil tomorrow, do you?

Steve

Latest posts