What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Most of what I'm planting now is in the cabbage or mustard family. Pak choy,collards, cabbage, red leaf mustard and I just got some brocoli and carrots in yesterday.

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
We've had a hard freeze but everything looks all right. We had winds from h____ last week and it even made the news. Some in So. CA still don't have power. We lost ours for about 3 hours and I had eggs in the incubator. I was worried for a while but two days later they started hatching and I had a 100% hatch of bantams and silkie/marans. I just received a crinum lily that I ordered online and it came in 3 days. I need to plant it and cover with mulch. It should do fine.

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today I planted carrots, radishes and parsnips. I imagine they'll sprout (under a row cover) and grow reeeeaaaallly slowly until the days lengthen, then I can harvest in early spring. The parsnips are supposed to be a fall crop but I never got them planted. Nor did I soak the seeds for 24 hours like the packet said to, figuring that if I didn't plant them *now* while they were in my hand, it probably wouldn't happen!

What strange weather we're having this year! It's been in the 60's during the day and I've had a succession of lettuce, spinach and other greens moving from the seed-starting light setup out to the garden. I haven't actually *needed* the greenhouse yet and it's almost solstice. The most I've used is two layers of floating row cover on nights in the high 20's.

-Wendy

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I have cabbage growing and onions. It's been really cold here with night temps down in the lower 20's. I ordered a Crinum Lily and it has arrived so I need to get it in the ground soon. It's a lovely deep pink. I discovered them not long ago by buying one from our Fesert Garden plant club and they really are pretty and do well here.

cityfarmer

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I am also planting my dream seeds. Four inches of snow a couple of days ago and 7 more expected today. Can't complain about the free water but I am not a snow lover.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Black seeded Sipson lettuce got planted yesterday. Today I'm planting 4 seasons lettuce and purple sprouting brocccoli.

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I just transplanted two Desert Bird of Paradise. They looked out of place when we widened the driveway and one was actually in the way. They're dormant so it was a good time to move them. I also had a pine tree and a palo verde seedling growing in the same place so had to dig both up, untangle the roots, replant the pine in the same place and relocated the palo verde. I got scratched for my trouble since the palo verde has big thorns. Cabbage and onions are doing fine.

Latest posts