What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looking to plant Prince of Wales Junipers in a few weeks when they come in. What would be a great pairing with them? I'm in zone 7 in SE New Mexico.

:frow Hi, Tina, welcome to the forum! Glad you found us! :frow

Can you tell us a bit of background so we can put it into context? What type of thing do yo want to pair with the juniper? In what setting?

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have onions, leeks, tomatoes, peppers, kale, collards, Swiss Chard, cabbage started. A couple new things Goddess banana peppers, Flash collards, and Sexy Mama collards. https://www.snakeriverseeds.com/products/sexy-mama-collard-greens-1 I am trying to think what else to start. I have a light out on the greenhouse so I am going to Walmart and I need a few new trays, and then going to ACE to look at seeds. I looked at pictures from last year and I had seedlings outside in the little greenhouse. My greenhouse made it through the winter. I would go out and rake the snow off the roof and so it built up around the sides of it and I had to chop ice to get inside to get my trays and pots out.

Michigan_Nick

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Just purchased my heat mat at Menards today and developing my plan on how I want to start divvying up seedlings for next week. I have a 72-cell seed tray and 26 different varieties of plants I want to try out. Bunch of tomatoes and beans specifically then a bunch of random stuff I've never tried before. Thinking I might just add 10 more seed packets at random to get an even 36 (2 cells per variety). Looking forward to this season as winter seemed to last two times as long up here in Michigan. Want to make sure all my T's are crossed and I's are dotted before I get the growing season kicked off. Anyone else have gardening OCD like I do?? :weee

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, I have
Anyone else have gardening OCD like I do?? :weee

Yes, I have gardening OCD. I have a picture this time last year of my seedlings outside in the greenhouse, but this year I just finally got them started inside. I had to chop ice off the plastic door and shovel snow to get inside the greenhouse to get my trays. I have some of the 72-cell trays too. I wish the snow would melt. I also have a picture this time last year of lettuce growing outside under plastic. So far I have this planted.

ONIONS
Alisa Craig
Walla Walla
White Spanish

LEEKS
Giant Musselburg Leek

COLLARDS
Sexy Mama
Vates
Georgia Southern
Flash

KALE
Portuguese
Black
Red winter
Dwarf blue

SWISS CHARD
Ford Hook Giant
Red Ruby
Celebration

CABBAGE
Early Jersey Wakefield
Greyhound

PEPPERS
Yellow Monster
Goddess
Jalapeno
Highlander
King of the North
Cubanella
Keystone Giant
Red Marconi
Yolo Wonder
Early Jalapeno

TOMATOES
Abe Lincoln
Beefsteak
Rutgers
Roma
San Marzano
Super Sweet 100
Sun Gold
Italian Roma

CELERY
Utah

Michigan_Nick

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
You're off to a heck of a start! My gardening style is a bit more compact and I tend to grow veggies that are delicious when eaten raw (for the most part). I feel like I'm behind, but the freezing temps keep reminding me that I'm A-okay. Last frost here is still about two months away, in Mid-May. I'll start kicking off some seedlings that have long maturity next week. I'll start with the ones that are more than 70+ days and go from there. I'm still looking into get a grow light fixture that's simple, budget-friendly and able to support a 10" x 20" seed tray. Want to make sure I have done the proper research and stuff beforehand, though.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
83CF2B4C-9FFB-4BB6-A716-16BB314D0291.jpeg Planted my orange calibrachoa which looks beautiful once it’s fills in.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
View attachment 30977 Planted my orange calibrachoa which looks beautiful once it’s fills in.

That orange cali looks delicious with that blue pot. I love it!

I planted more hot peppers today since I think my experimental planting of the seeds from my frozen peppers hasn't done anything.
My tomatoes are up and growing though!

TwinCitiesPanda

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Today I started seeds for 2 onion types, 2 tomato types, broccoli raab, Brussel sprouts, peas, marigolds, zinnias, ground cherries, cilantro, and 2 types of peppers. Also got my dahlia and daffodil bulbs in pots.

Next week (hopefully) The last 8 or so seeds I’m waiting on will have arrived and I’ll get them started too. I also have some I’ve received but haven’t started yet as it’s just too early here I think.

Next weekend I’m hoping the front garden beds will be exposed. They were full of weeds and large rock covering when we moved in mid October, I thought even with hard frozenish ground maybe I can start raking the rocks off to clear the bed.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
All my seeds are up and growing except for the Golden Greek pepper seeds. They were 2 year old seeds that were not well cared for. They looked like they may not sprout when I planted them, and sure enough not one of them has come up. I ordered some new seed yesterday, I hope they get here soon so I can get them going.