What are You Readin'?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think I've done more reading of cookbooks than gardening books the last couple of years. Shock!

Well, it does fit with gardening. It also fits with how I would like to read books - the parts that catch my interest and are factual, or at least, things that can be verified in other ways ;).

I've just started a newly published book called The Discovery of Middle Earth by Graham Robb. Non-fiction but, whoa, I've got to wonder if the author's imagination has got the best of him! It is about the Celts. You know, history is written by the victors and, for the most part, the Celts lost to the Romans and the Germanic tribes. A lot of what we know about their pre-occupation societies is what the people who subjugated them want to tell us, guessed or flat made up.

Of course, it reminds me of the history of native Americans but, here's a little secret: The Celts, like the American Indians, have never "gone away." I don't just mean like on reservations or in wonderful Ireland, Scotland and Wales. No, the DNA of the modern Europeans . . . ah, it makes me smile!

:) Steve

Last edited:

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ya know, after I wrote that, I remembered that it probably wasn't "The Secret Live Of Plants" after all. I think it was "Secrets of The Soil" which was even weirder.

Latest posts