What Did You Cook and Eat From Your Garden Today?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
A mix of Soldier and Jacob's Cattle beans with onions, carrots, s&p.

Lovely, ripe Charentais melon for dessert ...

:)

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
French filet green beans, Viking Purple mashed potatoes, cilantro, dill, and lemon basil!

The potatoes were harvested 3 months ago and were hanging out in the basement.

The salmon under the cilantro, dill, and lemon basil was hanging out in the Gulf of Alaska, the package said.

Steve :)

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Does chicken & rice soup count??? I'm having a processing day tomorrow and will have a crockpot of chicken & rice soup made from roos & broth from last year's 'freezer camp send-off' for whenever we stop.

ETA: 19 birds went off to freezer camp and everyone RAVED about the chicken soup. After this year's garden and all the canning - I'm hoping that next year's processing day meal will be entirely homegrown. :)

Last edited:

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Though we are in the throws of cold I made my "Kitchen Sink Soup" last night. All of my hard work gardening and preserving made a quick dinner. I brown hamburger from the local butcher, add water and then add my frozen vegetables from last seasons harvest. You know, add everything but the kitchen sink. A few bay leaves and herbs to taste and a soup so thick the spoon stands up on it's own. I am particularly happy with my frozen cauliflower. It looks and tastes like it is fresh out of the garden.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Though we are in the throws of cold I made my "Kitchen Sink Soup" last night. All of my hard work gardening and preserving made a quick dinner. I brown hamburger from the local butcher, add water and then add my frozen vegetables from last seasons harvest. You know, add everything but the kitchen sink. A few bay leaves and herbs to taste and a soup so thick the spoon stands up on it's own. I am particularly happy with my frozen cauliflower. It looks and tastes like it is fresh out of the garden.

I do that too Cat, we call it "hamburger stew". I add some broth to make it a little more soupy. So quick and so good on a cold evening. I put some of my frozen jalapeno rings in it last time, gave it a nice little kick.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
LOL!!! That's dinner tomorrow. I just got 2 quarts of Brunswick stew and need to make room in the freezer - so 2 quarts of leftover veggies go in the crockpot tomorrow morning.
(that time of year, I guess)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I made a chicken soup with kale and green beans. It was very good. It also had a can of diced tomatoes, seasonings, lemon juice, and chipotle powder to make it spicey.

Mary

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
yesterday dw pulled carrots and beets, she roasted them and served along with a small turkey breast and rolls...
DSC_0001.JPG

bobbi-j

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I pickled 10 pints of cherry tomatoes in Sept. Tasted them later and didn't think I really cared for them, but didn't want them to go to waste, either. So, I started adding them to my salads that I take to work. I LOVE them mixed with the greens in my salad! They give it a nice little kick. I also want to try them in a hamburger hotdish of some sort. Just haven't gotten around to that yet.

Latest posts