What Did You Do In The Garden?

LocoYokel

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yesterday: Picked the first zucchini of the season and had it for dinner last night! Pulled the garlic and worked up a spot for the walking onion sets. DH got the weeds around the tomatoes and beans. Watering this morning.

Can't recommend enough buying a large plastic pot with NO drain hole! It makes the best place to temporarily plant the annuals that you just bought but run out of time/energy to get into the ground. You can keep it watered and if there is too much rain you can tip it sideways and drain the extra. I lose annuals in cells and small pots every year bc of time and they dry out and die--$ down the drain.
Great idea! I keep the annuals I buy in lined flats but they still dry out too fast, especially this time of year, and I have an empty half barrel... and out to find a liner for it I go! (thinking large trash bag might fit)

LocoYokel

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Barrel's too big to tip but I found some large pots I can line. :)

I found a small suitcase type caddy with wheels that has been missing, and that's what I'll use to pull and tip that sprayer.
I used an old golf bag caddy when I had acreage, IMO it has larger wheels and higher clearance for pasture use. Works for hay bales too.

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have to go play in my garden been ducking it bit playing with new lavender ameracauna bought 11 straight run from a
local breeder but bought 18 eggs in auction on byc have them in the hova bator been leaving garden work to James..
did work through two potato bags 30 new potatoes to eat.. only cuke on the vine is not large enough tomato's not doing well at all
broccoli went to chickens, cabbage almost ready for them nice heads on them, did have yummy carrots for dinner but only enough for 1 meal kinda bites but happy campers anyway right :celebrate

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Had already pulled the early snap peas.

Pulled the remaining 35' of the bed, took the trellis down and planted bush beans! No more peas to pick until late September - if I can get some more seed in about a week from now.u

Got string around the glads and finished tying the first layer of string for the dahlia trellises.

Steve

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
My eternal war doesn't have a name yet...I have no idea what this weed is. Have been fighting it for 4 yrs now...think it came in with a trashy bunch of mulch hay. If I were trying to grow it for a cash crop, I'd be a millionaire right now. Snapped a few pics of that dratted thing today and will post it on the weed ID thread to see if any of the local experts can give me a name for my enemy.