What Did You Do In The Garden?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pretty watermelon! We ate the squash and it was good. I planted zucchini, yellow crookneck and lemon squash. I think this one is a cross of zucchini and lemon squash. Fun!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
IMG_3311.JPG I moved my wheel barrel to this wall because it needed color.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know! Didn't think I was going to get a crop out of these, but getting as much as last year...which isn't saying much, I guess, as last year's crop was blight stricken. But, still, feeling blessed to have any at all, so counting my blessings on this.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Garden clean-up began in a serious way this week.

Several hours were spent getting pipes, hoses, and stakes outta the way for the tractor guy. A good start was made getting plants down on the ground.

Since I don't control when he shows up, the steps must be taken to clear a way. Honestly, I hope he isn't asked to come until spring but the old fella is becoming so independent, I'm not sure if the property owner has much control of him anymore.

The owner is talking about getting a tractor of his own but I hardly see how his little hay fields warrant it. Keeping the tractor out of my garden would be one solution but, DW isn't in favor of me doing so much rototiller work. Still, if he shows up in the fall, I have the entire garden to re-do in the spring.

Steve

LocoYokel

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
First light frost nite-before-last: Pulled what was left of the zucchini, picked all the Scarlet Runner beans that looked mature even if not dry and picked the red 'maters. The green 'maters I will keep covering at night. I had to leave the two punkin's out there, too big for me to move!

Latest posts