What Did You Do In The Garden?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can hardly believe it but I guess that my gardens are planted! I had to come home and reflect on future tasks over a few hours ... I guess the gardens are planted!

Gardeners are never really finished since their "inventory" is seasonal ... in fact, plants grow and change overnight - like kids. Come and Go, too.

There is room for a 2nd planting of corn. Some gladiolas were held back from planting out, so they wouldn't bloom all at once ... I still have to move the dozen volunteer climbing beans that showed up. There is a small area that I have to convince myself that the sprinklers can cover, before risking plants or seeds. We came up with a late idea of what can go in beside the driveway - thought it might just be left bare (skinny) since we used up the customary snapdragons, elsewhere. I can't think of anywhere there is more room left to set something out. Beds are full!

?

Steve
He don't plant taters, he don't pick cotton
And them that plants em they're soon forgotten
While old man river, he just keeps rolling along

You and me, we sweat and strain
Body all aching and racked with pain
Tote that barge and lift the bale
Get a little drunk and you land in jail

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I planted kale and collards, mostly kale, about 60 plants. DS and I got fence up for tomatoes and pole beans. I have pole beans already up in another area, but will have to go back and put seeds in some spots that did not come up. All my plants are hardened off now, including peppers.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Weeded second planting of green beans. Had to replant okra for 3rd time-thanks to moles..

Vicious circle. Mulch with straw & leaves, worms thrive, moles come....

Every rain brings a new flush of grasses. Can’t stay ahead.....

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Gardening with Rabbits do you plant extra for your rabbits ? If so do you still feed pellets when garden is in full swing ?

I give them different things like romaine lettuce, a little kale now and then, mostly grass. I give them less pellets. I don't give them a lot of vegetables, sometimes they have watermelon, but in the evening I pull grass for them and it is a pretty good handful. They watch me do this and almost jump up and down like a dog waiting for a treat when they see me coming. lol

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
The tenderette bush beans , turkey craw pole beans, sunflowers, radishes, and potatoes have sprouted. Still waiting on the black runner beans, carrots, kohlrabi and some dill to show up. The cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, peppers, corn,and sweet onions are growing nicely. DW started several herbs and we are planting them the raised beds. The squash and cucumbers are still waiting to be planted, along with another row and a half of bush beans. I also have had to plant lots of the annual flowers this spring DW back is still totally out and she is unable to to bend or lift anything, she is really miserable I feel bad for her. I know I missing some stuff but this is the update for now.
PS. Foot still pretty sore but getting better every day.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
@seedcorn, I don’t want to start talking weeds 2/3rds of our garden is first year and the weeds seem to want to take over. As soon as it 100% planted I am going to put irrigation in and do a thick straw mulch. Hopefully that will keep the weeds down.