What Did You Do In The Garden?

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Planted a bunch of zinnia seedlings, marigold seedlings, a lavender plant, a squash seedling. Put down more slug bait...we are having optimum slug weather, with rain nearly every day for weeks, warm and moist. Need to get me some beer and put out there...the slug bait isn't working.

Seeded a tray of lettuce and asian greens.

Picked bloom and tiny peppers off pepper plants.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
recripicating saw...hubs says is it a sawsall or a jig saw? Or maybe they are the same? Speaking of sawsall, hubs can't find his....maybe it wandered off when hubs bought the battery powered chain saw.

No they're different. Sawzalls (reciprocating) are meant to be used freehand, jigsaws are oriented differently and are meant to work vertically, ie cutting shapes out of plywood held horizontally, as an example.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
ok, time to adopt the summer routine. today was first day. get up and go directly to garden chores, do not have breakfast, do not turn on computer, get out and get it done while still cool enough... 6am to 10:30, then watered. siesta time, but i'm too awake to nap so worked on some web site pics and got them posted.

Mom got up and left before 6am to work on one of her projects before it got too hot. i didn't even hear her get up.

garden is coming along. will plant what i have ready now this afternoon and get it watered in before starting the rest. took the chore in two stages today to keep body parts from being too abused. did the edge via sitting on ground pillow for an hour and a half and then got up and did the rest of the digging and breaking up clods and moving dirt to level the area until it got too hot to do any more. then the soil was warmed up enough that the cold water from the hose wouldn't upset any wee sprout's apple cart.

sprouts are happening. interesting how some are quicker than others. pictures of gardens eventually. things are generally growing well from what i can see.

Latest posts