What Did You Do In The Garden?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was the beer mentioned that did it for me. Thought for sure it had to be Major and not sweet Miss Bee.

Mary

there's a twelve pack of Old Milwaukee sitting on a garden path right now. it is very old Old Milwaukee because we bought it many years ago when Mom was on her "garden potions and sprays" kick. never used any of them. the case sat in the shelves for all those years. the other day we emptied out the garage and got rid of a lot of things and so the beer in cans will sit there in the sun until they bake/explode in the sun or i do something like practice target shooting using them with the air rifle. i sure don't want to be anywhere close to them after they've been baked in the sun. you can tell just by feel that they're gonna pop in a messy way when opening... brewing extra strong sunbeer?

i don't think @majorcatfish would drink these. he seems to have good taste in beer (always drinks from a glass bottle that i've seen :) ).

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beer from can nasty, always from glass bottle or tap
What ? ...So beer out of an aluminum can does not taste as good as from a bottle . and here I thought beer from a tap come from a much BIGGER aluminum can set underneath a bar or table but it tastes like out of a bottle ? :th

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was the beer mentioned that did it for me. Thought for sure it had to be Major and not sweet Miss Bee.

Mary

:D You got that right...beer tastes like someone fermented nasty ol' gym socks, strained the water and then chilled it to drink. :sick :sick :sick

Not good for much of anything but slug killing...and that's what I'd like to try it for.

Got my second low tunnel up and running, planted a few romaine under it and seeded another tray of greens.

Garden doing very well thus far....I'm impressed with how healthy everything looks.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
What ? ...So beer out of an aluminum can does not taste as good as from a bottle . and here I thought beer from a tap come from a much BIGGER aluminum can set underneath a bar or table but it tastes like out of a bottle ? :th

Beer kegs are usually stainless steel. ;) Might help with the taste difference? I don't see how...it all tastes foul and not fit for human consumption.

Latest posts