What Did You Do In The Garden?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had 4 giant wild turkeys scratching in a daylily bed that I had just weeded and replanted with new cultivars ready for sale for the first time. They can be quite aggressive so I grabbed a shovel and started yelling at the, The nonchalantly started walking our back to the pasture where my horse grazes. My horse was up front eating his morning grain and took off at top speed out back. He circled round them and chased them out of his pasture. My horse-coming to my rescue from the big bad turkeys. He ran back at top speed to finish his grain. What a hilarious sight. I was never sure he would be protective of me.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Old obelisk that husband painted. I moved it here and planted a white clematis inside of it.

Attachments

• 8C3EB413-04C7-4E97-B7E2-53319AAD9BB3.jpeg
    8C3EB413-04C7-4E97-B7E2-53319AAD9BB3.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 155

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
There were 3 plants here crowding everything so I only kept the daphne and centered it. Will plant Japanese anemones later on. Also moved path a few inches.

Attachments

• 7E38DB3A-944B-4446-8233-98169CD1B4D9.jpeg
    7E38DB3A-944B-4446-8233-98169CD1B4D9.jpeg
    246.4 KB · Views: 128

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary it is very refreshing seeing a obelisk that is not white !
Thank you, I have ordered another one and I debated what color to paint it. I decided on the same blue color. It will be on the other side facing at a 45 degree angle. It will have my Rebecca, fushia clematis that was on the POW. I thought having both the same color would add continuety and make it less hodge podge.

White doesn't go in my colorful garden. All colors have to be bright and pretty, haha. I am planning on having a white container garden on the side of the house. I bought an antique white planter that I planted hosta's and white impatients and I love it. So will continue to plant white impatients on my wrought iron plant holders hanging from the fence. Should look very refreshing and nice before you walk into my garden and bam you're hit with color, haha.

I'm really getting into clematis's. I didn't realize they have a long bloom time at least here in our mild weather. Thanks @thistlebloom for inspiring me.

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had 4 giant wild turkeys scratching in a daylily bed that I had just weeded and replanted with new cultivars ready for sale for the first time. They can be quite aggressive so I grabbed a shovel and started yelling at the, The nonchalantly started walking our back to the pasture where my horse grazes. My horse was up front eating his morning grain and took off at top speed out back. He circled round them and chased them out of his pasture. My horse-coming to my rescue from the big bad turkeys. He ran back at top speed to finish his grain. What a hilarious sight. I was never sure he would be protective of me.

That's funny! Maybe he was defending his grain? Not that he doesn't love you immensely of course, who else would feed him if you were disabled from a turkey attack?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I do.

There may be a need for an emergency call ... imagine. 911 operator answers and says, "=#!*%¡¢&¿~#=?" I respond, "there has been 'sign' of a coyote coming to the garden at least 4 times this month. This morning, he didn't leave and has me pinned against the neighbor's fence! I don't think Benjamin Bunny is coming to my rescue, I see him trying to hide behind the plum tree and Marty Marmot ran under a rock! These LBJ's (little brown jobs) are just flying around trying to confuse and distract me. I think that they may be cooperating with Wiley Coyote to bring me down! Send somebody! Oh no! Wiley has taken the flame thrower out of the pickup that I brought out here to kill budworms in the sunflowers! I think he may find some way to use it!"

911 operator, "#!*%¡¢&¿~#=?"

digitS'

Hahaha! :yuckyuck