What Did You Do In The Garden?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well ...

I guess autocorrect would have been happier with racoon :rolleyes:.

I typed coon ... but it isn't in this tablet's wordless ... uh! Word List!!

Steve

A wild colon slithering around your garden would be more alarming than all of the wild garden critters combined! And think of the destruction! :eek:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cow manure has a high fiber content. The bacteria digesting the fiber will tie up any available nitrogen. Then slow release.

after two years manure should be pretty much beyond any immediate nutrient draw downs like that, but if your soil is very deficient in organic matter then adding it will then give the microbes something more to munch on for a while.

eventually the N comes back. just keep adding enough each season. best to add it and turn it under as then it won't wash away if there is any kind of slope (and definitely not on frozen ground).

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I harvested a huge amount of tomatillos and cherry tomatoes. Also some puny miserable looking bell peppers. I made and canned salsa! I haven't canned anything since 2011, so it was time to relearn. But all the jars sealed - love that PING sound! Everything in the jar was home grown EXCEPT the vinegar, salt, lime, and cilantro.

xUihBcG.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I harvested a huge amount of tomatillos and cherry tomatoes. Also some puny miserable looking bell peppers. I made and canned salsa! I haven't canned anything since 2011, so it was time to relearn. But all the jars sealed - love that PING sound! Everything in the jar was home grown EXCEPT the vinegar, salt, lime, and cilantro.

xUihBcG.jpg

mmm! love cilantro/lime... :) looks delicious!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
A wild colon slithering around your garden would be more alarming than all of the wild garden critters combined! And think of the destruction! :eek:

:lol: Thistle, you slay me!!! :hugs Almost made me laugh til I cried down my leg, if ya know what I mean! o_O Thanks for the chuckle!!!

Today I'm staking up and tying up some of the most massive hot pepper plants I've ever grown, trying to get them off the ground so the peppers won't rot in all these rains. The bumbly bees are sure working those pepper blooms!

Also taking out the last of the beans, pumpkins and squash....and letting the raptors into the garden so they can clean up all the millions upon millions of squash bugs and their progeny.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@catjac1975 and @thistlebloom

What the coyote has been leaving behind has passed through a wild colon ...

Garbanzo the Dog is out there on a leash, now and then. She seems frightened by the piles of poop.

I have mentioned on TEG finding a real mess in a park a few years ago. Obviously, coyote poop and full of plum seeds ... He had experienced this tremendous problem, all over about 20 square feet of path!

Steve