What Did You Do In The Garden?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
DD5B2895-C35D-48A6-B71E-315547986C87.jpeg
I ordered a second obelisk because my first one was rotting. But I decided to repaint it and keep it another year. My husband painted the new one and I planted Rebecca clematis in it. Love how they both provide continuity.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a C. moschata (Autumn Crown) again this year. C. moschata are not usually grown in my garden. Butternut didn't do very well at reaching maturity during the growing season. Early Butternut did okay but wasn't very productive.

The Autumn Crown didn't seem to like our cool June. I remember saying that there was only one fruit developing but there might be more tiny ones. Bingo! There were. Not vigorous vines and smaller than I remember them last time but I'm looking forward especially to seeing how well they store.

Butternut has a good reputation for lasting right through winters, I've learned. That would sure be nice with some squash!

We have been eating lots of C. maxima Buttercup. I'm not complaining and it's our standard practice but the idea is for there to be very few left after the first of the year. I can keep one or two Autumn Crown into January and see how they do.

Steve
who has no intention of using a Jack o'lantern pumpkin for a pie again!

Last edited:

Latest posts