What Did You Do In The Garden?

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Stretching your muscles is called mobility! And yes it's very important to do that especially as we get older. That's why yoga is so good for you but unfortunately those classes don't fit my schedule.

Mary

Mary, what i just said about circulation, does it sound like that? I don't mean you, lol, I mean my problem?

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think ...

the Mediterranean diet is a good choice ..

. for a gardener.

Steve

I have been thinking of that because a lot of the Blue Zone areas are that type of a diet. I also realized most of not all the Blue Zone people live near the ocean, but my health, I need to really do something with diet. Knowing what happened to my dad, I need to get serious and it is hard when DS wants meat, potatoes, cheese, but he is starting to understand he wants to feel good and is trying new things.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, what i just said about circulation, does it sound like that? I don't mean you, lol, I mean my problem?
No it doesn’t sound like circulation. It is just a combination of being out of shape and over weight.

Do some stretching exercises every day. Also some squats holding on to a chair or counter if you have to. Do 3 sets of 10 to start with.

You can exercise all you want everyday and still be overweight. Our weight is largely determined by what and how much we eat.

Just eat healthy and in small portions. This should be protein, fruits, and veggies. Try to eat carbs only once a day. No junk and no processed food.

On the weekend treat yourself to a meal of your choice.

Hope this helps you Mary.

Mary

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
No it doesn’t sound like circulation. It is just a combination of being out of shape and over weight.

Do some stretching exercises every day. Also some squats holding on to a chair or counter if you have to. Do 3 sets of 10 to start with.

You can exercise all you want everyday and still be overweight. Our weight is largely determined by what and how much we eat.

Just eat healthy and in small portions. This should be protein, fruits, and veggies. Try to eat carbs only once a day. No junk and no processed food.

Mary

That does help! I can squat even with weights. I can squat to ground and get up with no hands, I can stand on one leg, lol, but the stiffness and ache feeling, if not circulation then I am starting to think inflammation. I have been drinking this antioxidant drink and I felt great, then ran out and reordered. and not feeling as good until today I think I was measuring wrong the first time and drinking more of it the first time around. I may be figuring things out and reading about the Mediterranean diet,and using olive oil. There is something I think I am doing that is inflaming me, which I know being overweight does that too.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not my garden but my son had a lot of parsley. I put most of it in my dehydrator this afternoon. When it is dry I'll grind it up with a blender and seal it in a jar for him.

Parsley.jpg

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5

Mary
When my DD's started their program I told them something I had learned a long time ago. You are training for life, NOT training for a marathon! Whatever exercise that you plan to do, do the same # of reps every day/3x/week, if that is your plan. You don't HAVE to increase the # of reps, and, if you keep trying to do more and more everyday, the day that you are sick and miss the exercise is the day that you may decide NOT to continue the exercise program. @ninnymary can tell you why, but you are working muscles and, more importantly, you need to elevate your heart rate for at least 30 minutes. It doesn't have to race, just pump faster. When I used to put up my hay my heart would race. No pain, but I would sit down and let it get back to a normal rate, just to be safe. Moderation and consistency.

Latest posts