What Did You Do In The Garden?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
What breed did u use last time?
Angus. I told the AI tech that I've had problems with the last 2 being so flighty and aggressive. He said that I would probably do much better with Hereford. As a breed.. they are generally pretty mellow.
And - as a bonus - I just might get a brindle & white calf 😃

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Monday we ran the tractor and moved my big burn pile in front of the barn into a box of plywood strips about 18 inches tall and the length of the south side of the garage. We dumped the ashes in there. I hadn't moved that pile for years and most of it was soil. So far there are 30 potatoes planted in it.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
nice enough to get out and skim part of a garden and divide up some plants so they have room to grow then buried some chunks of rotting wood and whatever else was mixed in half the pile. one more round and i hope i can be done with that part of the garden and get on with the rest.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Planted some perennials with the little girls today~rudbeckia, monarda, echinacea, and butterfly bush. Baited a bee hive, hoping to lure in a swarm. Peach trees are in full bloom and finally saw some pollinators today....can smell that blossom on the night air, smells like honey!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Started digging a hole....a big one...on Saturday. Found my garden has an underground spring running through one end, so started digging a hole to tap into it to create a pool for the ducks and to divert that spring/underground seep away from my young apple tree's roots. Got a foot down and 2x3 wide and long before taking a break.....was already filling with water and by the next day that was full. Will have to bail it out to continue to dig....hope to make it 4x5 and 3 ft deep. Will create a berm on the downside and put a pipe in for an overflow past the tree, with the hopes of diverting all that water around the tree roots.

Latest posts