What Did You Do In The Garden?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
It has rained hard the last 5 days out of 7, so not much got done in the garden. Oddly, with all the rain, none is standing in the low spots in the yard, so the ground must have been really thirsty. I went out there this morning before the heat got too oppressive, and found a giant zucchini (the first) and baby beans finally on the pole beans. Cukes and tomatoes are flowering like crazy again. Cabbage needs to be harvested; one has split already. Peppers are starting to flower again after being drowned, I saw one lone tomato starting to turn red.
I'm gonna use that zucchini in fritters tonight. Maybe some cukes and onions in sweet vinegar.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
It has rained hard the last 5 days out of 7, so not much got done in the garden. Oddly, with all the rain, none is standing in the low spots in the yard, so the ground must have been really thirsty. I went out there this morning before the heat got too oppressive, and found a giant zucchini (the first) and baby beans finally on the pole beans. Cukes and tomatoes are flowering like crazy again. Cabbage needs to be harvested; one has split already. Peppers are starting to flower again after being drowned, I saw one lone tomato starting to turn red.
I'm gonna use that zucchini in fritters tonight. Maybe some cukes and onions in sweet vinegar.

What are you going to do with your cabbage?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Finally got my garden mulched with straw. Before it was too wet but it would have been so much easier when the plants were smaller. But it's done....

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday planted 14 kale seedlings, 8 bok-choy, dehydrated oregano and parsley, dug more potatoes and squash. Today, pulled a few weeks and brought in some peas and beets for supper. Picked another quart of raspberries.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
My maters look to have blight....been out pruning all that off of them tonight. Will see if that has any effect or if it will continue. Been very wet, hot and humid here, so not surprised at getting this. And it will continue for some time, judging by the forecast, so not much can be done about it all.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Picked more raspberries (which Grandsons ate on the spot!) Weeded more around blueberries. Picked last of peas. (Vines beginning to yellow.) Picked and sent surplus zucchinis to MIL to hand out to her friends at the Apartment. Picked two kohlrabi and ate them right there, too! Leaving on vacation Sunday. I know we will come home to some VERY large zucs!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
My maters look to have blight....been out pruning all that off of them tonight. Will see if that has any effect or if it will continue. Been very wet, hot and humid here, so not surprised at getting this. And it will continue for some time, judging by the forecast, so not much can be done about it all.
i feel your pain.....