What Did You Do In The Garden?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ditto, as well ... except I finished another fence panel and got it back up before things turned real stormy. Here, it was a little surprising the last few days how threatening the sky looks, and unpleasant the wind, without much rain falling between major "events."

Our storm a few days past is now tearing up the Great Lakes region! What is left of yesterday's storm looks like it is barreling off through Montana on the same route. That is, except for the clouds stalled in the Canadian Rockies that are dumping rain in the valleys and snow at higher elevations. I hope that isn't coming here!

What gets aggravating, besides the problem with getting into the garden, is when so much of this weather last right on through May and might ast waaay into June! @Zeedman talks about Whidbey Island. We set up a whole series of mountains to protect us from the so-called Pacific! What do I have to do, move over the Rockies into Montana or Alberta ... and lose @thistlebloom 's definition of a Westerner?

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I thinned my beets and replanted those seedlings. Also hilled my 2 containers of potatoes. Planted cilantro seeds.

Sadly, I have no weeds to pull. :( Why does everyone else have weeds except me? :hu

Mary

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Weeded the carrots portion of my hotbed experimental bed, checked and covered my peppers in their horse trough and my tomatoes in Their horse trough. I am using a used, clear tablecloth on one, and a white on white used shower curtain on the other, with windows on top to keep the plastic down. It's only in the 50's today and I wanted to keep their tiny leaves warm today. :D

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
The first storm @digitS' mentioned came through today; an inch of rain here, but snow just a few miles West. Fortunately, I was able to turn over my home garden plots before the rain came. The way Springs have been recently, I count myself lucky if I can dig in April. It won't be drying out for awhile, another soaker headed our way.

Haven't had the heart to even look at the rural plot, it must be a swamp right now. Really good soil, really rotten drainage. Never even got the poles pulled out last year, due to Fall rains. It occurs to me that maybe the best time to clean that plot is in Winter, when the (usually wet) ground is frozen. :idunno

Tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, and Moringa are growing under lights, and doing well. I hope to pot-up some of the tomatoes this weekend.