What Did You Do In The Garden?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
When is your cut off date for bean planting?

when i'm dead? :) i think i have a chance of getting some fresh beans before our average first frost date, so when it gets too late for that to be possible then i should be done. however, as a cover crop i have tons of beans i can plant and i prefer having a garden planted than left bare, yet i also have also plenty of deer traffic this year so what i'm planting now outside the fences may end up just being deer food again.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah well, nuthin'. Today and tomorrow are supposed to be record setting heat 🥵. Yesterday's high was a record.

I will share some progress that the warm-season plants have made. ▪︎ I wasn't sure if I could claim that the sweetcorn was knee high on the 4th of July but it certainly is now. Apparently, it has been given enough water during the recent hot days. ▪︎ The tomatoes had a difficult start with cool temperatures and wind, wind, wind. Right now, they are looking strong 💪. We will have a couple of cherry tomatoes soon. ▪︎ Peppers in the greenhouse bed are growing okay. As a sunshed, the roof shades part of the indoors during Summer. That keeps it a cooler, if that word can be applied. Several, nice size Giant Marconi peppers have been harvested. The peppers in the open garden are puny by comparison to their sisters indoors. ▪︎ I wish that the eggplants looked better than they do – indoors or out. ▪︎ Cucumbers, melons and squash have started to grow. They are likely to have had the same problems as the tomatoes in June.

Steve 😎

Latest posts