What Did You Do In The Garden?

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ever since they have been adverstising a drug for Peyronie's (pay-roe-NEEZ) disease, I will never look at a cucumber the same way.
Can you enlighten me on this please? This cucumber was grown in her greenhouse

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Marie2020 ,

img_20161104_134550248-jpg.17052

That is the original store-bought root with the new ones from the plant left in the greenhouse all summer. Sometimes, the original is still useful in the kitchen. The fresh ones certainly are.

There is a potted ginger plant in there right now. They have been super easy to care for but obviously appreciate that heat. I don't really know how they would do as a house plant through the winter. Cannot freeze.

Steve

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Marie2020 ,

That is the original store-bought root with the new ones from the plant left in the greenhouse all summer. Sometimes, the original is still useful in the kitchen. The fresh ones certainly are.

There is a potted ginger plant in there right now. They have been super easy to care for but obviously appreciate that heat. I don't really know how they would do as a house plant through the winter. Cannot freeze.

Steve
I'm still determined to fathom this out it's a great healing s
@Marie2020 ,

Steve
Ginger has helped me for many years I really must try to find a way. What compost do you use?

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The second crop of celebrity tomatoes are looking like they like the weather. Finally put up cattle panel and stopped the yard deer. They are far sweeter than the in ground tomatoes we fought in spring. 20 plants in 7 gallon grow bags. Interesting effort and more work than in ground for sure, mainly watering. Did that and fed and groomed them. Ran the strimmer and mowed the lawn basically. B wants to plant greens so I guess I will pull the in ground garden up and get it ready. A few peppers and okra and some tomatoes and eggplant are making but maybe I will make specimens of them and plant everywhere else just to boggle the neighbors should they visit. Burned twigs. I get about a wheelbarrow of charcoal every time I light up the redneck firepit so my charcoal pile has been growing. It may go into the garden to remediate that damned manure compost that had Aminopyralid in it. Maybe it can just be a corn patch next year. I like Silver Queen.

Last edited:

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
@all. Would anyone have any guidance for me please. I have a ginger root that has a few sprouting on it, I've read hops should be used but don't have any. I managed to get ginger growing several years ago in a pot but had to leave it behind. I tried last year and failed. I have compost, worming feed and cactus soil & a little worming soil plus I've a bit of sand as well.
Excuse my crappy writing I'm not deleting these mistakes.
I had some ginger that was too old to eat.I put it in a pot of potting mix and it almost immediately stating growing. Seemed very easy. I have not thought about eating it yet, but it is expensive to buy so eating it seems like the next try. My guess, dig a piece rinse and dry before eating.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I had some ginger that was too old to eat.I put it in a pot of potting mix and it almost immediately stating growing. Seemed very easy. I have not thought about eating it yet, but it is expensive to buy so eating it seems like the next try. My guess, dig a piece rinse and dry before eating.
Thank you Catjac :)

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My worming box tap got really clogged. Managed to unclog that at long last. Need all the good soil I can get with this raised bed I want. Hope I can grow a pumkin, dont have any idea how but going to try.