What Did You Do In The Garden?

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This week I replaced the tires on my wheelbarrow. Planted asparagus seed. Picked up some seed starting pots. Finished mulching the blueberry bed. Carved a new handle for my rake. Placed the fence poles for the 9x4 garden. And bought the last of my seeds and dirt for this year!
That's neat about the asparagus and how u are growing it from seed! When I was a young child we moved into an old house that had a really old garden that had volunteer asparagus from earlier years! It was so cool!

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seeds I ordered from True Leaf Market are here ("Sugar Lace II" peas), and the seeds I ordered earlier in January through the 2020 SSE Yearbook arrived yesterday. SSE had the "Yokomo Giant" snow pea I have been searching for, which will definitely be grown this year. Only one more order to do, for chard, carrots, and beets... which I should have done today (oops)(what, no face plant emoji? :rolleyes:). The 2021 Yearbook arrived two days ago, which is what traditionally triggers the start of my garden planning. I pay special attention to members who state they are dropping out, and look for varieties which are under-curated.

Trish Stretton

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Trish Stretton ,

are those quail or some other type of partridge?

I couldn't find the chick but the parents look comfortable as tenants :).

Steve
ROFLMAO!!!!
No they are not quails.....they are sparrows.
They have built a multi bird nest on the north side of my house making good use of some dead (hopefully) Ivy.
There are 2-3 nests in that big bundle of straw

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Didn’t do much today. We’ve started our spring cleaning so I was working inside most of the day. Did manage to find a few minutes to start a fence for the peas to keep the rabbits out.
A8AF1D48-DC4A-4B64-9BF2-F6FC825E8105.jpeg

Also the frogs have started singing here!

Last edited:

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Didn’t do much today. We’ve started our spring cleaning so I was working inside most of the day. Did manage to find a few minutes to start a fence for the peas to keep the rabbits out.View attachment 38931
Also the frogs have started singing here!
I love the singing frogs! They aren't singing here yet! Too chilly!

Trish Stretton

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Two hours tying up the tomatoes and trimming leaves off, weeding.....everywhere. That was monday.
Yesterday, I was up in the Banksia tree trimming twigs and branches off so I could get a better picture of what needed to be done with a huge trunk that looks seriously stressed. This had been badly pruned by the highway people- instead of taking the whole branch off when it was much younger, they just cut the end off that was about to go out across the road... now it has branches going straight up from that point and the horizontal trunk now has a split which is weeping. I cant do anymore on this myself, its too dangerous, so I will need to call in the professionals.
the bits I was able to cut away will get chopped up and used as mulch in the front yard.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Two hours tying up the tomatoes and trimming leaves off, weeding.....everywhere. That was monday.
Yesterday, I was up in the Banksia tree trimming twigs and branches off so I could get a better picture of what needed to be done with a huge trunk that looks seriously stressed. This had been badly pruned by the highway people- instead of taking the whole branch off when it was much younger, they just cut the end off that was about to go out across the road... now it has branches going straight up from that point and the horizontal trunk now has a split which is weeping. I cant do anymore on this myself, its too dangerous, so I will need to call in the professionals.
the bits I was able to cut away will get chopped up and used as mulch in the front yard.

grrr!

Latest posts