What did YOU do in your garden today :P

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red,

I'm curious how much sleep you are getting at night.

Growing real tired of winter . . . I'm having a big mug of chamomile tea . . .

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Picks up a warm washcloth to wipe the frozen tears from Linn's face...

I'm kindasorta exhausted from only digging all the soil out of a medium sized bed, the one just south of the berry bed, west half of it. That will be the first bed I'll be planting, for the Purple seeded golden podded snow peas, and then some beans after it warms.

I got the soil dug out, and sided partway so far with white plastic. I bedded the bottom with soil.

An armory of hardware cloth is going in, expensive stuff. It'll cover the bottom, and come up the sides. A frame will be made, plastic sided, and this bed will probably have a temporary top. Not the others which get planted later.

I should not be this tired, but my musklez ache.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I gave the hens 5 two gallon buckets of rye grass and winter weeds. They tore into them! A lovely day to play in the dirt!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
All I did was take a walk through the garden to admire everything. Picked and ate a couple of snow peas. Everything is growing so fast. I'll try to take a picture tomorrow in between the rain.

Mary

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Still slipping around in subzero temperatures each morning, but I guess the cold is pushing the current snowstorm south.

Got more onions going and starting the leeks today!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red, I'm curious how much sleep you are getting at night. Steve

Are you suggesting that I sound sleep-deprived? :confused: I am dreaming all this white and cold?:rant Or that I shouldn't be posting at 2:00 in the morning?:hu

Right now my spouse has some sinus issues that have him getting up at all hours to sit in the TV room with The Weather Channel droning, "cold," "cold," and "more cold" while his nose runs, runs, and runs more.

He thinks that he's being kind by letting me sleep when he gets up, but I can't sleep without him in bed. Sometimes I get up and make coffee, sometimes we sit and discuss the exciting viewing on The Weather Channel, and :caf sometimes I leave him to 'suffer' alone and come on the computer.

Meanwhile, it is winter still. Once DH is back to normal and I can get outside and DO something worthwhile, I'll be getting my 7-8 hours with no problem. :loveThanks for your concern.:love

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red, maybe you should turn up your selfish meter. That and have your hubby turn up the heat when he gets up.

That is all it takes in this house for DW to sleep 3hrs later than my usual time for rising. I don't like to miss a moment of morning light :). Right now, she is.

Steve
practicing my nanny-nanny boo boo on DW

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, not a selfish bone in my body -- 8 years of parochial school made sure of that -- and there's no need to have someone turn up the morning heat either, since the thermostat is programable. Nope, I'm the last to go to bed and the first to get up, but that suits me just fine when THE BOSS is feeling himself.

Once warmer weather arrives, he will come out of hibernation and get a normal night's sleep, but right now he's pretty much going to bed with the sun and getting up with it. He's not feeling well, probably a tad depressed, and suffering from SAD due to this (seemingly) endless winter. I don't need anywhere near that much bed time and pretty much stick to the same schedule I had when I was working.

I don't intend to sound like a martyr -- more schooling drivel -- but I figured when I said, "I do," my primary job was taking care of, and making life comfortable for the love-of-my-life. Everything else just seemed to fall into place. You have to know that as much as he is spoiled, he spoils me every bit as much in return.

Come to think of it, the one selfish part of me is wrapped tightly around him.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Today I am dodging the thundersleet, thunderhail, thunderice, and lightening. At least when I walk past the garden to give the "ladies" (chickens) a warm treat. Keeping fingers crossed for the potatoes I planted last week.

Latest posts