Garden Addicted
Reaction score
DSC_0422.JPG
Here it is all covered in dirt.

This is what I did today in the garden.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Worked on stitching that 2 foot wide chicken wire to the roof netting. Almost got it done. I'm no seamstress :p

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
So far the morning mist over the lake(bed) is reducing, revealing blue sky. Supposedly the storm will "sneak slowly in" by this evening.

Getting ready to put my big boy work shoes on and get to it in the garden.

Finish this stitching, then cut and place 2 more taller upright posts to get the side up nice and tight.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sure enough, finished that stitching. There'll be more later at places I cut it open for snow relief.

Had to cut a horizontal log behind a 2x10 that was right near the chicken wire. Sure enough, snagged it with the blade pulling it out of the cut. Luckily it was at a slow idle, the chain almost stopped. So had to stitch a new hole, check and sharpen blade, and sit n smoke. (whew, close call, no serious bad happened.) Removed the other low horizontal completely. Used those pieces to raise some beds a bit more.

Didn't get the 2 new uprights in yet though. Got everything ready for that tomorrow early though.

One of my bosses came in to pick up my Golf Cart to get it serviced. They had the governor set too low and it was all chitty chitty bang bang going downhills.

Yes, we use Golf Carts around these parts of the lake. EZ GO. :) Some of the campers use ATV's, and a few use Mules or Gators. (Not the live animal versions. A mule is a 4 wheel drive, kinda car or jeep shaped ATV, and Gators are the JD versions.)

So, until that is serviced, I'll be on my JD lawn tractor for doing rounds.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Keep up with the rain dances everyone!

Between squalls I got one of the uprights in for raising the roof and tightening the chicken wire to 8 feet high on the south side, main garden section.

Latest posts