What did YOU do in your garden today :P

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I planted 16 basil plants I still had on the patio. Did a lot of weeding. I have been putting rabbit manure tea on the peppers, cucumbers, squash and tomatoes. I picked some peas.

JimWWhite

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The two JB traps I set up seem to have worked this year. Most of them seemed to have moved on out or have been trapped. Now if I can find a solution to the squash bugs that are sucking the life out of my crooknecks...

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
As has been my pattern this year (for some WEIRD reason) I was sticking a couple more veggies into a flower bed at 10:00 last night. Things have just been so busy that most of my planting has been one thing here, one thing there - mostly after dark.
At least it's given the 'garden' a bit of 'wimsey' - LOL! Since there is NO such thing as a order out there anymore...
Scallop squash in the crepe myrtles, cukes with the rose of sharrons, pumpkins at the gate post, tomatoes in the compost.....

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I finally got pretty big onions, but I put SO MANY in and it's been raining every few days, so it wasn't me that grew them well. **sigh**
I planted 3 hardy "spring" mums yesterday, in the spot in the front beds where last year's mum's didn't survive. Didn't know anybody sold them in the spring, but they were clearance and cheap. NOOOOOO idea what color they are. Probably yellow, which is fine with me!
I did some digging, but it was 84 degrees, high humidity with a heat index of 90 and I got REALLY nauseous and couldn't do any more. Gonna try again today bc it will be cooler.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I was out in the garden the other day pulling the dreaded pig weed. With spring being so cold this year we didnt get into our usual "garden mode" just a few things to help get us threw the winter this year.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was out in the garden the other day pulling the dreaded pig weed. With spring being so cold this year we didnt get into our usual "garden mode" just a few things to help get us threw the winter this year.

A fraction of what you guys canned last year would still be a lot!

It was a weird start to the the year. Kinda threw me off too. :confused:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey Steve lets see the peas now at the top! That's a superb trellis.
pea trellis, July.JPG
cellphone picture

We have been thru the bed twice and taken a lot of the snap peas. There aren't very many left! The bed will be cleared and ready for something else, soon!

The horizontal board is only at about 5' this year. It's a better idea to go a little higher.

My camera wouldn't completely open this morning! I had the cellphone so used that to take a picture. Later, the camera worked fine ... I think it learned of my plans to wake it early now & then for summer sunrise pictures ;).

Let's see, my work yesterday involved building the last trellis for the flowers - gladiolas. Today was just a harvesting adventure ... I did get the sprinklers on where they were needed! It was 94°f this afternoon.

Steve

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
been picking black raspberries the past couple days. still have a few more days of picking to go till they are done for the season. then i get to cut them back and pot them up for their big move to another area in the yard to finally be trellised properly.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
A fraction of what you guys canned last year would still be a lot!

It was a weird start to the the year. Kinda threw me off too. :confused:

You'r not kidding journey11! it was a terrible start to spring. summer hasnt been too great so far either. The weather has been terrible on the garden, my flowers and everything else!

Latest posts