What did you pick today?

Peeps

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I've picked only 8 cucumbers today. Had a whole crisper full.:ep We just can't eat them fast enough!!

elnabelms

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Garlic and onions. I was traveling in April/May, so I didn't plant anything else until I got home. I'm in central Arizona, so it's almost too late to plant after early June, but I had to have tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers. They're in, but too young to fruit yet. I wish I had fresh veggies now!

Where did you find the Stevia to plant? I'd love to have some here, do you think they'd grow?

Backyard Buddies

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Yesterday I picked a lone tomato at home. Then we went to the church garden and picked zucchini, straight yellow squash, Japanese eggplant, a zillion beans (pulled a back muscle in the process), and various peppers both hot and sweet. We only kept a handful of the beans, a couple squash, a couple eggplant, and some hot peppers. The vast majority of what was there is going to be offered at church this morning for others to pay a free-will offering for (which will help support the garden), or will go to the local shelter the garden supports.

We picked a whole huge basket of the beans before we ran out of time and as my back ran out of steam. I believe someone else will be out picking today. Besides the beans, there're a whole lot of tomatoes that need picking. :D

Dace

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I am just sooo pleased with my garden! Now that more and more things are ready to harvest, it is just so much fun!

Today I pulled a few little carrots, several squash, an English cuke, a couple Lemon cukes and a few cherry toms. Nothing like having your own garden!

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The very first squash blossoms. Oh boy! Now, do I stuff them, cut 'em into strips and make pancakes of them, put them in quesadillas...?

Balding Eagle

Sprout
Reaction score
We had dinner of home grown spuds, carrots, beets and sugar snap peas-- boy was it good! Also picked about a pint of beans and the last of my spring spinach today. -- I'm trying ot decide if I've reached the end of my peas-- when do you decide to give up on them? They did alright, and still seem to be flowering, but lord, they look awful!

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What's new here are peppers! Some are ready, some almost. I have several types, sweet and hot. :)

Backyard Buddies, I'm sorry about your back, and hope it feels better soon! :)

Mossy Rock

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Were still picking blackberries, had our first apples yesterday, zucinni, cucumbers, pole peans, onions, peaches soon, figs are looking good, pole beans are now flowering, and lots of tomatoes.

chickensista

Leafing Out
Reaction score
My garden is in the akward in-between stage. :D Finishing up the peas. Still have lots of lettuce, and a couple blueberries here and there. Other than that I'm patiently waiting for everything else - tomatoes, peppers, beans, eggplant, squash... Grow, grow! :rainbow-sun

Latest posts