What do u spend on garden plants and seeds?

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would not even try to make a guess on how much we spend per year on seeds. I have made my second seed order of the season and have spent $110 between the two, plus DW is more of a pick up seeds here and there all year long so that adds up also. Last year we put in 4 grapes, 7 fruit trees, 4 huckleberry shrubs, 2 maple trees , and some misc berry bushes. We only plan on putting in 3 more maple this year so that will save some serious lettuce. You just never know what you might come across though when you are out and about, gotta keep your options open lol.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think having so much space is what does my garden budget in every year. It was a lot easier to limit myself when I didn’t have a lot of space. Now it’s temping to buy all those things that I’ve been daydreaming about because I have the space for them.

i am failing to see a problem here. did you say budget? :) i do try to stick to my budget and most of the time i'm pretty good, but then i have a bit of a slush fund which is where things like entertainment and toys can come from and if that gets high enough i don't have problems doing a bit of creative ex-post-facto accounting to justify something if we really need it.

unlike the government there is really only one vote here that counts. we'll ok, two, but i don't let her think she runs my roost... :)

this past year with not doing much travel or running around i have extra money building up and so that is nice for a change and an extra $1800 in stimulus money certainly is nice for me right now since i generally try to keep my budget to a few hundred a month.

i had planned on spending for some picture taking gadgets last spring so that money has been sitting there and mostly collecting dust/interest (which perhaps dust is a more accurate term lately with interest rates so low) and finally got that done this past weekend so now i can see how the accounts look for going into this coming season and see what i have left to work with for the next few months.