What do you buy starts of?

Connie

Leafing Out
Reaction score
New here. Has anyone had any luck starting and growing Stevia? I am in Virginia and would like to try this out. Any info would be appreciated.

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
New here. Has anyone had any luck starting and growing Stevia? I am in Virginia and would like to try this out. Any info would be appreciated.
Welcome to TEG! :frow

I've grown it in pots from store-bought starts before, very easy. I think it's in the mint family.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom has a new avatar! A most surprising one!

Hi @Connie - Welcome. I just want to suggest that if you like the dry Stevia in the stores, you may not like it fresh, in the garden. Don't think something has gone wrong; go ahead and dry it. Secondly, slugs like Stevia fresh.

digitS'

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Connie, and welcome. I, too, have grown stevia from started plants. I think Richter's Herbs has the seeds, but I bet it is hard to get germinated. I don't have much luck germinating most herbs. (except parsley)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haha thistle, but guess what? I will have tomatoes in March also since that's when the nurseries start carrying them.:plbb

I'l try to post a picture to prove it.

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haha thistle, but guess what? I will have tomatoes in March also since that's when the nurseries start carrying them.:plbb

I'l try to post a picture to prove it.

Mary

Well, sure Mary, I bet you will have a few tiny starts to baby along. But will you have some burly, mature, red ones big enough to drive your tractor around?

Latest posts