What Do You Overwinter ?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am at peace. Sure, there are a few gifts I have to pick up and wrap, and the tree already should be up with Christmas only 12 days away, but the property dispute should be over soon, the geo-heating system goes in this week and all is well with my world. . . . so. . .

For some reason my mind has been wandering back to gardening (thanks for that you southern rabble-rousers) and I am planning to purchase (or have DS build) some 6 inch deep planters for the sun room. According to my high/low temperature thermometer, the 54 degrees should be ideal for lettuces, spinach, and such of my very own.

I may have to wait until the first of the year, but this is something I need -- growing things.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Smart Red as one of those Southern rabble rousers, I couldn't agree with you more. Yes, you do need to grow something. It is that connection to the earth you are missing.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Smart Red as one of those Southern rabble rousers, I couldn't agree with you more. Yes, you do need to grow something. It is that connection to the earth you are missing.
One of? Ya'll know you're the ringleader!

Yes, even if the 'Earth' is 3 feet off the ground, I need to get soil under my fingernails and I need to nurture growing things.

Latest posts