What Does candle in window mean

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
OMG lavender, my grandma used to have to tape the candles to the windowsill!! That old scotch tape, and THEN THEY WOULD FLIP OVER and hang upside down. That is so funny we both have that memory. I remember all the time it would take to go around and individually switch on every candle in every window.
Oh that is funny! Yeah, grandma had 7 candles, mom had 10... scotch tape, masking tape, dad even tried electrical tape. :D I think the candles eventually went missing... dad said they quit working. hmmm.

Mom loves her village in the window though. We set up a big dept 56 village in her big bay window, complete with roads, a ski hill, skating rink, elves everywhere, even a moose in the woods (her favorite). It will be a long day next Monday.. lol ... just happy my sis enjoys helping set it up.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
No tape they now have suction cup holders, wet them stickem on glass.

And there goes @Nyboy - walking around the house, licking the suction cups every evening to re-stick the candles to the windows.
sFun_nahnahna3.gif

HEY! Stick them at different levels in each window... or put one at the bottom, the next one 'sitting' on the right side, the next one 'sitting' upside down from the top...