What I ate from my garden today.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Naming children has become increasingly interesting to me: Chance.

Might there be a brother: Maverick?

Maybe if you want some actual help from them: "Bee" would have been a better choice.

Steve

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Naming children has become increasingly interesting to me: Chance.

Might there be a brother: Maverick?

Maybe if you want some actual help from them: "Bee" would have been a better choice.

Steve

That was a family name on his Dad's side of the family.

Even worse, Chance called his son "Talon" after his first car. :confused: Now there's a real sentimental reason with deep meaning....

"Son, I named you after my first car because I loved it so very much and I love you as much as I loved my car. "

o_O

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Actually we are all terminal on this earth.

Enabling someone and giving in to unreasonable demands out of pity doesn't really help anyone.

My youngest sibling developed a non life threatening illness at 8 years old. From that time forward she was never expected to carry her part of household chores or have personal responsibility for anything. Her bad behavior was blamed on her condition, or the effects of the drugs used to control it. Bad grades were the teachers fault for not being sensitive to her needs or for holding a prejudice against her.

Mom forbade dad to discipline her so he just quit. I think he had a responsibility to over ride my moms demands in that area, but he hated conflict.
Unfortunately his desire for no conflict only fed the monster and it came back in spades at the end of his life. Saddest thing in my life.

She is now out of control and the single most truly evil and manipulative person I have ever known.

Sick or not, people should be expected to do what they are able and to help others as much as possible.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I agree completely. I have someone in my life who has a non-life threatening 'disability'. As far as I have been able to find out, she has been coddled and differed to her entire life. She doesn't even acknowledge the presence of people who can do nothing for her. She resents anything that causes her ANY sort of discomfort. She is hateful and bullying if she can get away with it. She is a very unpleasant person. It's very sad to watch the long line of people who come into her life seeing her as helpless and sweet - and then move along leaving her behind once they start to be used and abused. It's a very lonely and unsecure life, even if it is totally created by her choices and behavior.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
cauliflower.jpg
Here's what I got having defeated the woodchucks this year.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I agree completely. I have someone in my life who has a non-life threatening 'disability'. As far as I have been able to find out, she has been coddled and differed to her entire life. She doesn't even acknowledge the presence of people who can do nothing for her. She resents anything that causes her ANY sort of discomfort. She is hateful and bullying if she can get away with it. She is a very unpleasant person. It's very sad to watch the long line of people who come into her life seeing her as helpless and sweet - and then move along leaving her behind once they start to be used and abused. It's a very lonely and unsecure life, even if it is totally created by her choices and behavior.

This describes my niece to a T. I'm old and I've dealt with a lot of selfish people in my nursing career and there was only one that could even come close to the level of self love as this girl. And she can turn on the tears whenever she wants, so anything perceived as a threat to her way of life/thinking/being is either met with tears or a fake seizure, which has her mother rushing to her side and petting her like a 2 yr old.

Consequently, she cares NOTHING for her mother beyond being the food bringer, transporter and devotee.

Her mother literally has "loved" her to death.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
This describes my niece to a T. I'm old and I've dealt with a lot of selfish people in my nursing career and there was only one that could even come close to the level of self love as this girl. And she can turn on the tears whenever she wants, so anything perceived as a threat to her way of life/thinking/being is either met with tears or a fake seizure, which has her mother rushing to her side and petting her like a 2 yr old.

Consequently, she cares NOTHING for her mother beyond being the food bringer, transporter and devotee.

Her mother literally has "loved" her to death.
When my son was a young teen he helped an old lady with chores. She was as crazy as a bat so none of her children had anything to do with her. My delightful and kind son helped until she went batsh** on him.She had been kicked out of the hospital for calling 911 from the hospital because the staff stopped coming to her every whim. I ended up calling a police officer friend to stop her harassment of my family and teenage son. The local police had had her mentally committed 3 times so knew of her antics.But she was so smart she knew how to get released. Needless to say I was not sad when she passed. However I fully understand that mental illness is a terrible affliction.

Latest posts