What is the song or poem weighs up how you feel today??

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thank you too everyone that kept this thread going :)
The music was just wonderful for me tonight 🤗
This great band has left a message 💓

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cheerful music but a depressing lyrics
Yeah, that is sometimes the case.

There are a few songs like that I am familiar with (bearing in mind that it can be hard to tell "depressing" from "bitter" in some cases.)
This is sort of peppy but they ARE talking about mutiny.
This one is sort of more bitter than depressing.
This one might be depressing if you oppose whaling
THIS one sounds really cheerful, until the analyze the lyrics and realize that the guy is basically admitting to MURDERING his wife.
And this ones lyrics are pretty grim as well, once you translate them (and no, you are on your own for that!)

Last edited:

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yeah, that is sometimes the case.

There are a few songs like that I am familiar with (bearing in mind that it can be hard to tell "depressing" from "bitter" in some cases.)
This is sort of peppy but they ARE talking about mutiny.
This one is sort of more bitter than depressing.
This one might be depressing if you oppose whaling
THIS one sounds really cheerful, until the analyze the lyrics and realize that the guy is basically admitting to MURDERING his wife.
And this ones lyrics are pretty grim as well, once you translate them (and no, you are on your own for that!)
It's really good of you sharing music I haven't heard before .

You are correct about the whaling but I do realise that it's sometimes necessary for survival. I won't tell you what I would do to those who do it for cruelty or greed, given the chance :)

If I were talented I would write a song about that, (too besure in an Irish accent) ;) :)

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score

You are correct about the whaling but I do realise that it's sometimes necessary for survival. I won't tell you what I would do to those who do it for cruelty or greed, given the chance :)

If I were talented I would write a song about that, (too besure in an Irish accent) ;) :)
Believe me, I'm just glad to find someone else who enjoys the stuff.

This should be a VERY familiar song (since it long ago made the leap from folk song to kid's song). However, it is impressive how FAST they are able to get the chorus by the end (and remember this was a live recording, they aren't just speeding up the tape.)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

Jethro Tull - The Whaler's Dues

i own the album and enjoy it all. :)