What is the song or poem weighs up how you feel today??

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
When my kids were smaller we LOVED listening to Sharon, Lois and Bram! So many happy memories of all of us singing together in the car to their energetic songs. Raffi, Fred Penner too. I really made an effort to include lots of musical energy into our day to day life, which was easy as we had so many lessons for so many years and thus lots of time travelling in the car. At a young age my kids were singing Frank Sinatra, Charles Aznavour, John Denver, Elvis, Chuck Berry. Was so much fun!

Now, if I want to really bug them I play Sharon, Lois and Bram or the Smurfs theme song on youtube. :lol: Never fails to get them up in arms.
Sort of the same thing with my family, with the exception that, as my parents are sort of ex hippies at heart (basically, hippies in all but appearance) you can sub in things like the Kingston Trio for a lot of your list (I think I've known "The M.T.A. Song since I was at least five). Also Tom Paxton.

But yes we did have Raffi, even though my mom destroyed one of those cassettes (when the babysitter quit on us while we were on vacation, she decided that the cassette was cursed.)

Even now, bits and pieces remain of it in my mind. Whenever I sing the French Folk song "Save Vous Plantez de Chou?" it is Raffi's version I am using (it's a lot peppier than the "real" melody)

And, back when I read that news story about the people in Norway finding the beluga whale with the camera harness on it, I actually did sing out "Baby Beluga, from the KGB, sent by Putin to spy one me.....":lol:

Speaking of parody, my parents also introduced me to Tom Lerher very early one (mostly because for Earth day, one of the schools I went to was trying out some ecologically themed songs. "Pollution" was one of them, and I thought it was the FUNNIEST thing I had ever heard!

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Of course, the reverse has its own problems.........

The Irish Rovers have so many great songs. There is one that I think is actually called Irish Rover about a ship that gets waylaid. Love the energy of that tune. 🎶🎵🎶 My Godmother was Irish and these songs remind me so much of her. 💚

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The Irish Rovers have so many great songs. There is one that I think is actually called Irish Rover about a ship that gets waylaid. Love the energy of that tune. 🎶🎵🎶 My Godmother was Irish and these songs remind me so much of her. 💚
You mean this

I'm actually going to put two links up, since it seems like in this case, there are two completely different sets of verses

This one has a lot of variations as well, but I think this is the most pointed.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You mean this

I'm actually going to put two links up, since it seems like in this case, there are two completely different sets of verses

This one has a lot of variations as well, but I think this is the most pointed.

I can't play these right now. It's too early in the morning but I will later :)

Got back. :)

The last of the Irish Rover . That brings back many a happy toe tapping moments. I haven't heard that in years.

Last edited:

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Listening to this song with my kids @Marie2020 was like a history lesson for us, we kept trying to figure out who was who and what was what and all the meaning behind the lyrics.
I often do this
It's lovely listening too the history of a song and still a catchy tune. :)

Latest posts