What is the song or poem weighs up how you feel today??

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
This time of the year this song always runs through my mind:

(It has/had a political meaning for residents of the UK, but I take it at face value.)
Surprisingly, when I was going through the phonebook while visiting my sister in college, it turns out there actually IS a Chinese restaurant called Lee Ho Fuk's in Philadelphia (or was, we're talking about twenty years ago).

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score

zA&M Studios 1973.jpg
I just thought that you might enjoy seeing a picture of Joni Mitchell & Carole King, 1973.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i need a video for my achy breaky foot...

it's not broken but it is achy... not too much that it will stop me from doing anything.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug, think about visiting an Asian market. I will recommend methyl salicylate from Wintergreen. Salonpas (from Japan) might do the job for you but I would go with an oil and personally prefer Hysan. Rub the oil on but stop rubbing just as soon as you feel some heat. Don't take the rubbing too far ;).

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
— I find that a great part of the information I have acquired by looking up something and finding something else on the way.
— Having imagination, it takes you an hour to write a paragraph that, if you were unimaginative, would take you only a minute. Or you might not write the paragraph at all. ~ Franklin P. Adams

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
— I find that a great part of the information I have acquired by looking up something and finding something else on the way.
— Having imagination, it takes you an hour to write a paragraph that, if you were unimaginative, would take you only a minute. Or you might not write the paragraph at all. ~ Franklin P. Adams

i love libraries and have spent a signifcant fraction of my life in them. i have also helped as a kid in setting up two new libraries (one for the township and one for a church) and then after they were set up since Mom was a volunteer or worked there in each of them i also spent a lot of time just sitting on the floor and reading through whichever books i could get at. many i may not have had a clue even what i was reading but the pictures were often interesting or helpful and then i could figure things out from context after that...

Latest posts