What is the song or poem weighs up how you feel today??

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
'Down to the Waterline' was not familiar to me, so I just had a listen on YouTube; that Dire Straights sound is unmistakable. Afterwards I found myself following a daisy chain of music that included Queen's 'Don't Stop Me Now,' Frank Sinatra singing 'Send in the Clowns,' Barry Manilow crooning 'This One's For You,' and finally Jethro Tull singing 'Bungle in the Jungle'. Not sure where that last one came from, or what this says about my mood. Perhaps I am feeling confused?? Or just stuck in the 70's? Lol. 🎶

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

Star Trek: Strange New World S2Ep9 Status Report

This episode is a musical, and it really makes my day!

I loved Season II of Star Trek: Strange New World – it's the best Star Trek series I've seen! Besides the space adventures, the show really focuses on facing your past. It's about dealing with what's stuck, and once you do that, you're free to keep going on your journey. It's fantastic!

Star Trek has always been known for defying conventions and breaking rules, and I'm thrilled to see that tradition upheld while still embracing creativity. The creators have done an exceptional job. Kudos!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
'Down to the Waterline' was not familiar to me, so I just had a listen on YouTube; that Dire Straights sound is unmistakable.

i have enjoyed their music since they came out with their first album. and then Mark Knopfler has gone on to a solo career which contains a whole bunch of other music (plus some movie soundtracks).

Afterwards I found myself following a daisy chain of music that included Queen's 'Don't Stop Me Now,' Frank Sinatra singing 'Send in the Clowns,' Barry Manilow crooning 'This One's For You,' and finally Jethro Tull singing 'Bungle in the Jungle'. Not sure where that last one came from, or what this says about my mood. Perhaps I am feeling confused?? Or just stuck in the 70's? Lol. 🎶

nothing wrong with that at all! :) the 70s were some great years for music, i also include the mid-to-late 60s too since that has some Moody Blues, Jethro Tull and a few other of the early progressive rockers.

my first rock concert was Queen's Day at the Races tour, 9th row center. i was able to get to some fun concerts over the next several years before i went way up north to college so from then on i was only able to see a few shows.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
'Down to the Waterline' was not familiar to me, so I just had a listen on YouTube; that Dire Straights sound is unmistakable. Afterwards I found myself following a daisy chain of music that included Queen's 'Don't Stop Me Now,' Frank Sinatra singing 'Send in the Clowns,' Barry Manilow crooning 'This One's For You,' and finally Jethro Tull singing 'Bungle in the Jungle'. Not sure where that last one came from, or what this says about my mood. Perhaps I am feeling confused?? Or just stuck in the 70's? Lol. 🎶
This has always made me feel a bit odd. Dean Martin is, of course, Italian, and his song choices usually reflected that heavily. So this one seems out of character for him since, based on the music style, it seems to have been written for someone who is Irish (probably an Irish tenor).

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This has always made me feel a bit odd. Dean Martin is, of course, Italian, and his song choices usually reflected that heavily. So this one seems out of character for him since, based on the music style, it seems to have been written for someone who is Irish (probably an Irish tenor).

I agree that this song is an odd choice for Dean Martin (by the way, we played Dean Martin's song 'Memories are Made of This' as we cut the cake at our wedding). As I listened to 'Meandering' my thoughts went to Bing Crosby instead; this song would have fit nicely in one of his 'Road to...' films. Bing's ancestors had Irish roots, so it's kind of too bad that there was no 'Road to Dublin'. ;)

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I agree that this song is an odd choice for Dean Martin (by the way, we played Dean Martin's song 'Memories are Made of This' as we cut the cake at our wedding). As I listened to 'Meandering' my thoughts went to Bing Crosby instead; this song would have fit nicely in one of his 'Road to...' films. Bing's ancestors had Irish roots, so it's kind of too bad that there was no 'Road to Dublin'. ;)
I was thinking of Dennis Day (mostly because he's who I normally think of when I think of Irish tenors, thanks to all of those Jack Benny radio shows I've listened to on tape.)
Not that Martin couldn't do some odd things effectively, When he was in his "cowboy" phase, he did a version of "Wild Horses" that improved greatly on the original Perry Como one.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last week, I didn't often take the route for the Indoor Mile and, there was no snow for me to shovel. So. I had little exercise. Two days, I had two days of exercise and, everybody knoowwws, we should be getting down to it – for 5 or more.