What is wrong with apple tree?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat, is it fairly light? I saw that it's 8lbs., it doesn't tire your arms holding it up?

Mary
It is tiring but better than the repetitive motion of loppers. It is very quick, too. That's why I got the electric. I figured the rechargeable would be heavier from the battery. The rechargeable string timers I have bought don't last too long so I thought the same would apply to the chomper. I think I have had it for 5-6 years, but I have lost track. I have replaced the chain blade once. I'm sure it can be sharpened but I got tired of my husband's promise to sharpen it. I think it was $7 to replace. The cord is a pain but It is a great timesaving tool. Think I will do some trimming today!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mine came from the growing family at Home Depot. I say adopted because, like most of my tools, I will work with them, tend them, and treat them with care and respect until the day they choose to move on.

I feel I have set a lot of tools free to the world over the past 45 years of gardening. Sure know I can't find them around here anymore.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Happens with wood working tools as well.

Forget that nonsense about "If you love them let them go and they will come back to you." 'Taint gonna happen. Gone is gone -- unless you find the rusted remains under a pile of wet sawdust.

Personally I think the best tools never left. They are hiding behind the plaster waiting for a new owner to remodel and find the treasures they will have become.