What the heck to do with BUCKWHEAT?!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
April Manier said:
If we all were close I definitely would. I love having big eating events out here at the farm. Breakfast is one of my favorites. It's comfort food.

The smell of bacon, hot syrup....
....I just bought a counter top griddle with a warming dware (anyone know how the heck to spell that!)...
I make a strata usually as I can do it the night before, with farm fresh eggs and homemade bread.

We have a broken down porch that seats 4 banquet tables and looks out towards the front field. Right now the lawn is mowed all pretty and the fava beans and rye grass are brilliant green out there. We have a large swing set and a 2 story playhouse with slide that the kids get on to stay out of our way.

It is a little piece of heaven out here and it would be grand to share it with you all!
Drawer....and I'm packing my fork and heading over to your place April!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Found buckwheat flour at local place where we buy our plants, cheese, etc. Turns out 2 ladies bake with it so they get it in on a regular basis. Tonight was buckwheat waffles. I cheated as I used an box mix and used 1/3 buckwheat, rest the mix. Was good although it does change the texture.

From reading the diffferent articles, key is to let it set after mixing before cooking.

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
i look forward to getting aquainted w/buckwheat. i'm diabetic and read it's good for us. it's been heck to find. i found some today. i'm going to make some buckwheat pancakes - i haven't had pancakes since i found out i have diabetes. yum. boy do i miss 'em.

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
bj taylor said:
i look forward to getting acquainted w/buckwheat. i'm diabetic and read it's good for us. it's been heck to find. i found some today. i'm going to make some buckwheat pancakes - i haven't had pancakes since i found out i have diabetes. yum. boy do i miss 'em.
I encourage you to read up on Buckwheat. Low glycemic index makes it great. PLUS it is almost a complete protein.

Almost perfected pancake recipe. The secret is yeast and sitting overnight in the fridge. I will post soon!

Latest posts