What to plant for a family of four....

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
vfem said:
I guess this is taken at the perspective that is you grow any of these plants you'll eat them daily? The aparagus alone blows my mind. 8 plants per person?!
Shoot...I could handle that many, cause I sure do love asparagus.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have no idea how many plants I have as they are now "hills" of asparagus. My rows are about 2' wide and 20' long with about 4 other hills.

old fashioned

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
digitS' said:
old fashioned said:
. . . I am curious to know if his seeds are sold across the country or only in Western Washington???
Well, Ed Hume seeds are sold in Eastern Washington . . . :p.

Lots of his seeds are hybrids. The parent lines are owned by the large seed companies.

Therefore, I imagine that Ed Hume (like so many other seed companies) just buys, packages and resells those seeds. Probably this is true with many of the open-pollinated varieties as well.

Steve
I guess I was thinking since he was from around here, his seeds would be more for this climate & therefore more local & trustworthy. But apparently not. Good thing I've already been collecting heirloom seeds from other sources. And this isn't to say there's anything wrong with Eastern Washington, just a very different climate. We go camping in N Central WA-Okanogan county and I've been to many other towns & cities over there and love it.
:coolsun

Latest posts