What! why? Not in my bathroom...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
This little toad appeared in a pot sitting on the top of a bakers' rack on my porch - about 4' off the ground. It's been there for almost a week. I can't imagine HOW it got up there! He's right next to the porch light, so I guess he must be getting plenty of food.
The picture doesn't show it well, but he's an odd COPPER color. Very pretty.
View attachment 28070
That is a leopard frog and yes, they are pretty!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't know much about frogs, couldn't have identified Carol Dee's, but I thought that the one in my backyard is a leopard frog.

Curious how @baymule and @canesisters might have the same frog, I did a little checking. Now, I have been wrong about the simplest ID'ing of common things so I could be wrong about this. I think that I have the northern and @baymule and @canesisters have the southern. LINK

Nice to see that they are both "least concern." Mine is, however, "populations appear to have declined, especially in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana." Oregon leopard frogs seem to be missing from their historic locations and
Washington State biologists report declining populations.

I didn't go looking for my resident. Instead, I nearly killed him by accident ... yeah, I dropped a big rock in a garden path. I saw this movement ... little guy had scrunched up like he thought I threw it at him! Good camouflage, I saw the movement and had to focus my eyes to realize that I'd nearly killed the little guy.

digitS'
edited in the link!

Last edited:

Latest posts