What! why? Not in my bathroom...

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
You guys are missing the point. It is about the amount of hair in house. A well groomed dog leaves very little hair to vacuum up. I have multi dogs and very clean floors i can walk bare foot.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
You guys are missing the point. It is about the amount of hair in house. A well groomed dog leaves very little hair to vacuum up. I have multi dogs and very clean floors i can walk bare foot.

Same here. 4 dogs in the house, all short flat coats, and have never so much as seen a hairball. They are small, but at work I've seen 5 pound dogs that leave me with what looks like 6 pounds of hair. x.x

That being said, they all need baths at varying frequencies. One of them has alopecia and its generally best to not bathe her, she gets a bath twice a year when the only hair she has along her back starts shedding. Same for Rocco, who we don't bathe because he has the most amazing smell to him. Bathing him makes him smell different. He gets brushed etc. but no bath except again twice a year. (Unless he rolls in his favorite perfume, horse poop, in which case he gets a bath anyway.)

The other two need baths very regularly. One due to skin conditions, and the other because he pees on his front legs every time he goes potty. I'm not going to bathe him as often as he urinates on himself, but he definitely gets a bath when ever the skin issue girl gets one.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Even without the dogs, our floors are sandy. No way to keep it out unless we either never go outside or never come inside. :\

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Even without the dogs, our floors are sandy. No way to keep it out unless we either never go outside or never come inside. :\

Either way you'd be in a pickle!
I track in a lot of debris. I always kick my shoes off at the door, but manage to wear a partial bale of hay in my pockets, in my hair, down my shirt, and in my unmentionables. I could probably feed a small pony with what I shed on the way to the shower. :\
But in spite of that my floors are clean enough (most of the time) to walk barefoot on.
I do sweep them like a possessed woman though.

Isn't it nice in the summer to walk on cool tile floors? :love

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
One of the reasons I'm so looking forward to these tiles. My husband walks in and tracks in freshly mowed lawn. My son comes in (and doesn't take his shoes off) and races across the carpet to show me some hopefully-not-alive-thing he found outdoors. The dogs come in tracking mud. I come in, take my shoes off, and then sprinkle healthy amounts of dirt anyway due to the vegetables in my hands.

I am only willing to vacuum, shampoo, or spot clean so many times a day. With tile, it'll just be a quick sweep!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
One of the reasons I'm so looking forward to these tiles. My husband walks in and tracks in freshly mowed lawn. My son comes in (and doesn't take his shoes off) and races across the carpet to show me some hopefully-not-alive-thing he found outdoors. The dogs come in tracking mud. I come in, take my shoes off, and then sprinkle healthy amounts of dirt anyway due to the vegetables in my hands.

I am only willing to vacuum, shampoo, or spot clean so many times a day. With tile, it'll just be a quick sweep!
Get a swifter they work great on tile floors

Latest posts