What Would You Do ?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
He signed the check I mailed copies of bonced check 3 times to his home. He knows it because he has not bought the dogs in for grooming in over a year.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Either way, you need to have this settled before he brings his dog in. Maybe he knows about the kennel cough and thinks you are desperate enough to take him back, so he can stiff you again.

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
With this person's history, if you decide to board his dogs without payment up front, be prepared to keep his dogs for free. He didn't pay you last time and nothing happened to him. He probably thinks he can do it again.

We have had a few customers over the years that "forget" to pay their bill. When they call a few months later to order something else, we inform them of their previous bill and require them to come in, pay the old bill & pay for the new order. Then they are put on a "no charge" account. Cash or credit only. We've had a couple people get mad, but it's not right for us to foot the bill for someone who doesn't want to pay.

Good luck with what ever you decide. I hope he pays you this time.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tell him until old bill is settled, no credit allowed. Once the check clears the bank-I’d make it green cash myself-then decide to take him back or not. Guessing his line has been called at all other places as well. Once paid, I would wish him well. Inform him of other fine establishments that you don’t like.....

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm with those who don't credit this individual with good intentions. Contact them before the dogs are brought in, and inform them that they must pay the full amount already due from the previous visit - in either cash, or cashiers check. If they pay (which I personally doubt), then tell them that payment in full must be made in advance, by the same means. If they DON"T pay what they owe, take them to small claims court... you don't play soft when dealing with a hard (case). It's your money. The fact that he has returned after stiffing you once means he is probably running out of options.

Latest posts