What's in your flock?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Eggs in Incubator.JPG

The 21 days are up Wednesday morning but I woke up to three this morning. Some of the down color isn’t quite what I expected which makes it more exciting to me. I like opening boxes of chocolates. No photos until the hatch is over and I open the incubator. I'm not a good photographer like Kassaundra and many others. I'm always impressed with Kassaundra's photos. The ones at the top are all blue or green like two at the bottom.

The tally out of 28 eggs so far.

1, 2, 7, and 23 were tossed at lockdown. Two of them did not develop at all and the other two died around 15 days.

11, 19, and 22 have hatched.

5, 8, 16, 17, 20, 25, 26, and 27 have pipped.

No activity yet from the rest.

StonyGarden

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have australorps and buff orpingtons. 10 hens of each and a rooster of each. This spring another coop will be built to separate the 2 breeds and a sizeable outdoor brooder will be built and an incubator will be bought and I will be hatching chicks!!!

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
View attachment 1325

The 21 days are up Wednesday morning but I woke up to three this morning. Some of the down color isn’t quite what I expected which makes it more exciting to me. I like opening boxes of chocolates. No photos until the hatch is over and I open the incubator. I'm not a good photographer like Kassaundra and many others. I'm always impressed with Kassaundra's photos. The ones at the top are all blue or green like two at the bottom.

The tally out of 28 eggs so far.

1, 2, 7, and 23 were tossed at lockdown. Two of them did not develop at all and the other two died around 15 days.

11, 19, and 22 have hatched.

5, 8, 16, 17, 20, 25, 26, and 27 have pipped.

No activity yet from the rest.
Just remember if there are no pics it didn't happen!!!! lol lol lol (well pics of the fluffy cute ones not the ones that didn't make it.)

Thank you for the compliment.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I want to see your chicks when they hatch!!!!! I set up my new Kingsuro incubator a week ago and am very excited about it. It continuously displays the temperature and the moisture level which are both automated and it never fluctuates. As long as my roosters did their job I should get chicks. I am worried about that however as I have not seed much rooster activity in this terrible cold weather.

Latest posts