Whats your favorite veggie

gapeachy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
my favorite is tomato's.....those mater sandwiches are to die for.....yumo

BetterHensandGardens

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I like almost all of them, so reading through this thread just made me really, really hungry - and is it summer yet - where are those fresh vegies :D

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Tomatoes!!! There are sooo many varieties & they are all soooo good! Nothing beats a BLT with a fresh tomato. Or caprese salad with fresh tomatoes. Or any salad with a fresh tomato.

Sweet corn is also delicious. And melons. And fresh green beans. I could go on & on!

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am going to go with watermelon. Just can't beat it during the summer heat. And watching it grow is just amazing.

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I can't pick one. By the time my favorite comes into season, I eat so much of it that three weeks later I'm ready to barf. I love tomatoes, but by September I don't want to see another darn tomato for months, I'm that tired of em.

Just now I'm eagerly waiting on asparagus. I saw a little bitty rhubarb sticking its leaves up too, that will be nice--it's sorta veggie. About a month ago I was dying to eat spinach, but there's some in the cold frame now. By the time I'm sick of asparagus, sugarsnaps will come in. After sugarsnaps, squash blossoms are just about starting. I love cheese-stuffed fried squash blossoms, takes a while to get sick of those. Then sweet corn, but only the old-fashioned corny kind steamed within 20 minutes of being picked. Not a fan of the supersweet hybrids, those are weirdly tasteless to me, but the old-fashioned kind like Golden Bantam or a dent corn picked in the milk stage, mmmmmm. In fall I am normally anxious to harvest winter squash--I make a wicked good winter squash soup with peppers, onion, tomatoes, garlic, herbs. Only now my freezer is still jam-packed with pre-cut cubed winter squash and I am squashed out.

aaron28

Sprout
Reaction score
I think peppers are the best. They're so easy to take care of. I can put peppers in a lot of things I make for breakfast and dinner. I think second place belongs to onions. I'm in love with onions even though they give me bad breath.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
For breakfast had our first batch of fried asparagus..........They were young, sweet, and tender. My favorite spring meal.

Now to decide what recipe to use for the rhubarb, oh the tough choices one is forced to make.........:lol:

So tell me about cheese filled fried squash blossoms.

Latest posts