When TV Was Free

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I refuse to have a TV in the bedroom. And the kitchen? What, gather around the kitchen island and watch TV? Hey, this is the DoubleWide Diva here and we have our big TV in the living room and recliners to slouch back in and even the sofa has recliners on each end. Decorating mistake? Hell, my whole house is a decorating mistake! :thumbsup

:yuckyuck Go Bay! haha

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I refuse to have a TV in the bedroom. And the kitchen? What, gather around the kitchen island and watch TV? Hey, this is the DoubleWide Diva here and we have our big TV in the living room and recliners to slouch back in and even the sofa has recliners on each end. Decorating mistake? Hell, my whole house is a decorating mistake! :thumbsup
I like your style Bay ;) Bedrooms are for sleeping. Kitchens to eat and catch up with the families day.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
To me bedrooms are for relaxing, comfort, and play time. Livingroom is for when you have company

If you have a family, living rooms are where life happens. That's where the talk and play and sharing events take place.

Unless you are among the people whose huge bank accounts make them do strange things like send their kids away for other people to raise.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you have a family, living rooms are where life happens. That's where the talk and play and sharing events take place.

Unless you are among the people whose huge bank accounts make them do strange things like send their kids away for other people to raise.
Agree

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our old house had a formal dining and living room, plus a large den. This house has a dinky room we call the living room.....maybe because we live in it the most? LOL

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
We use television screens as computer monitors since they are cheaper. We haven't gotten cable in years.

the difference usually is in the refresh rate so most people won't notice it unless you're into gaming or something like that where you really need it.

i love my new computer monitor. instead of weighing in at 70lbs i can pick it up with 2 fingers - plus it uses a lot less electricity. the only downside is that i can't use it any more to culture yogurt or dry things from the extra heat it gave off...