Who are you, and what does that avatar really mean?

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
That sweet little polish was from my first batch of chickens ( she was the mystery chick ). My daughter and I have a vintage clothing business- so we come across some interesting hats. I had one look at that hat- and immediately sensed a photo op! Good thing I was inspired that day to take the photo- because a couple days later, she was gone.... So easy for predators to grab those chickens - they just can't see very well, with all those feathers in their eyes!
Lesson learned we don't name chickens anymore... now they are all called "Gertrude". Easier on the heart....

ksacres

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Mine's pretty easy too. I came over from the BYC forum, since I can't have chickens (or goats, or pigs, or any other critters) right now, I needed a new hobby. I have to admit, gardening isn't as rewarding as raising animals, but I'm trying. But since I'm learning, I'll take that with me when I can have the animals again since my ultimate goal is to be totally (or as near as possible) self sufficient, it's a journey I'm determined to enjoy.

KS Acres was one of my herdnames when I raised goats and rabbits. My name is Kelli, my dh's name is Scott. So, it's K+S and then Acres. My avatar is my dh and me.

jojo54

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
jojo54 said:
Jojo54 here. My name is Joan and I was born in 1954 - so jojo54 is easy. My avatar is a large rose that took my fancy.
Change of avatar. Decided to use a pic of Lulu, my lame house chicken/ travelling companion. Here she is perched on a roost that my DS made her in her corner of the kitchen.

Wisher1000

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Years (and I do mean YEARS) ago, I was lamenting over things I wished I had done differently. It was during that time that I got into the internet. I came up with wisher as a user name on AOL and of course, it was taken. The 1000 was added to make it unique from the other one already in use. I have used it ever since on all of my internet adventures. The pic that I use here for an Avatar is of some tomatoes I grew, a vase my son made for me and some of my hens' eggs on my kitchen counter. It is a photo I took and I was pleased with the color and composition. It really sums me up!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Shorted from previous user name: Violentfem I didn't wanna scare anyone!

Avatar was just a pic I took of a butterfly out in the garden. Just thought it was 'pretty'! No purpose :D

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Thistle..as you can see or not see :lol: my avatar..that is because I don't have one! You know I don't know how to post pictures. Maybe one day. ;)

Years ago I had a toddler who couldn't say "Mary" so she would say "ninny". My daughter thought it was so cute and said that when she ever had kids they would call us ninny and papa. Olivia is now 1 1/2 yrs. old and is very tiny and sooooo cute! She is starting to say ninny but you have to listen carefully to understand it. :) When it comes to computer or cell phone skills, I am a ninny! :cool:

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
Hi Thistle..as you can see or not see :lol: my avatar..that is because I don't have one! You know I don't know how to post pictures. Maybe one day. ;)

Years ago I had a toddler who couldn't say "Mary" so she would say "ninny". My daughter thought it was so cute and said that when she ever had kids they would call us ninny and papa. Olivia is now 1 1/2 yrs. old and is very tiny and sooooo cute! She is starting to say ninny but you have to listen carefully to understand it. :)

Mary
Awwww! I knew there was a story there! :)
And look sweetie, if I can figure this stuff out, I know you can! :)

Ninnythistle

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So, vfem, is that name after the BAND, or just a woman's rights thing, or just a name? Cause i LOVE LOVE LOVE the band the violent femmes!! (if i was talented like Steve i'd put a link to one of their songs...)

Latest posts