Who has been here the longest?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I check the weather every day. Including the 10 day forecast and hour by hour on rainy days.

Now if Steve the weather guy did that for me, I wouldn't have to do it. ;)

Mary

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary... So that you don't get those pesky cell phone weather updates every 15 minutes from DigitS... All you need is to hang a cotton rope from your eves right in front of your kitchen window. You see, if it swings to and fro, you know that it is windy. If you can't see it in the daytime, you know it is quite foggy. If it is wet and drops of water fall off the bottom , you know that it is raining. If it is sparkling white, you know that there is frost on the pumpkin. If you see it in a horizontal position, take shelter as there is a tornado hell bent on ruffling your hairdoo. :caf

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@bobm If rope is horizontal, how do you know IF it is tornado, hurricane,or flat line wind?

IF rope is white, how do I tell if frost or snow?

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey, that's how I predict weather too, that and the headache I get before rain moves in. :gig

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
@bobm If rope is horizontal, how do you know IF it is tornado, hurricane,or flat line wind?

IF rope is white, how do I tell if frost or snow?

You tie a rock in the rope! If it's hanging at an angle - hurricane. If it's swinging and going from horizontal one way to horizontal the other - flat line winds. It's it's pointing up, Tornado!
:plbb

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary... So that you don't get those pesky cell phone weather updates every 15 minutes from DigitS... All you need is to hang a cotton rope from your eves right in front of your kitchen window. You see, if it swings to and fro, you know that it is windy. If you can't see it in the daytime, you know it is quite foggy. If it is wet and drops of water fall off the bottom , you know that it is raining. If it is sparkling white, you know that there is frost on the pumpkin. If you see it in a horizontal position, take shelter as there is a tornado hell bent on ruffling your hairdoo. :caf
What about earthquake?

Mary