Who has been here the longest?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Ridgerunner , yes I love seeing pictures of chicks (new hatched chickens to be specific)! I just don't think it stirs up garden envy like your photos of your garden veggies.
Nice lilac too. I remember lilacs....

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Even though I have a high tunnel greenhouse frame, we built a temporary fence across where it will go. Then there's that matter of somewhere south of 27 loads of wood chip mulch dumped there too...... So for now, I can only look wistfully at the chosen spot for the greenhouse..... But I will be setting out tomato plants tomorrow......gleefully rubbing hands together......

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
miniature daffies:

IMG_20170402_145744 (1).jpg
:D digitS'

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Returning only slightly off-center of the original question:

I joined another gardening forum, pre-TEG. There is a forum there that is worth a visit several times month, if that. It's that slow!

Years ago, it was quite an active forum and with one individual participating, especially. I'll call her DahliaQ. She was very knowledgeable about plants ... and, very no nonsense! She was suddenly gone, years ago.

I often have thought of DahliaQ, wishing she was there for difficult questions, ones that I would just look at and know that the person would wait and wait, maybe getting no response from anyone! Well, DahliaQ came back last week.

She responded to several threads and the first I read was from August. There were about 6 responses in that month and September. For some reason, a few more people kicked in a few ideas in mid-February. The OP had been mistaken on a plant ID. His question about it really made no sense and people helped him realize the error. Well, suddenly DahliaQ shows up out of the proverbial blue! I doubt if anyone who posted in that thread had any familiarity with her. What is her comment on this 7+ month old OP in a thread that fell completely dormant 6 weeks ago? She wrote that the OP shouldn't have bothered trying to grow the plants even if he hadn't made a mistake and had actually purchased the right one. Then! She said that she couldn't believe how "lenient" the respondents had been to him. Bam! A half dozen people slammed, all around.

This TEG thread prompted me to go back to that forum this morning and do a search to try to learn when DahliaQ had been around last. As best as I could determine (that forum has a different search capacity), her last post was in 2007. Okay. Then I decided to see if I could find her first post. I think I found it!

It was 2002 and the thread was one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen! DahliaQ was signed her first post on that thread with what might have been her real name. Let's say it was Betty. Well, it might not have been her real name because there was a Poster A signing Dahlia ..! And, a Poster B signing Wendy. Then, DahliaQ was signing Wendy! Then, Poster A was signing Betty! Some of these "persons" were cheerful and friendly. One said she was in the UK and referred to her Mum!

I was completely confused over this thread of just 8 or 10 posts! Who was who!! I realized that they all must be DahliaQ! She had assumed multiple id's, multiple personalities!

I never saw DahliaQ sign any name to a post after I got there ... I never really thought she was anyone other than Dahlia. But, that "active" forum I became involved with 12 or so years ago -- I now have to wonder how many of the people there were all the same person ..!

Steve !

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
20170403_181156.jpg
I joined in May 2016 but I've only been active the last couple of months.

Sorry Seedcorn, I guess I'm one of those sweet peas rubbing salt in the wound or maybe just giving hope that spring is around the corner.
20170403_180606.jpg

Latest posts