Who keeps a Written Address Book ?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Right now I am in big trouble, I have no way to get in touch with a lot of friends and clients. Both my email and cell phone address books, are unavailable to me right now. I got lazy, at some point I stopped adding to my written phone book, what are the chances I would lose both at sametime ? Need older lesiban in purple robes to burn sage for me!! Every client that checks in I ask for their cell number in case of problem, most have to check their phones, I tease them when they have to look up a spouses. I wish I kept up on my phone book now. Do you have a written copy of address?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, I've got a box that holds index cards for mailing addresses and phone numbers. I lost everything with a computer crash once so I don't trust electronics that much. I know that makes me an old dinosaur and I should store everything out in the cloud, like those celebrities stored their private photos, but I don't.

The e-mail addresses are on the computer only, but if I lose that I can always call or write.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
What!? No Rolodex, NyBoy?!

I'm a dinosaur, of course I have an address book. It isn't up-to-date. I was goin' thru it at Christmas and realizing what a mess it was so I began copying information to a new book. I've told my son that I'm using a note on the calendar to keep track of his address! Oh, he isn't quite moving on an annual basis but -- nearly so!

Here's an idea. Since you are cyber-oriented (is that a word?), maybe using Evernote would be useful. You can just text to an electronic note taking service (link to a list on Wikipedia). Later, it should be available to you on any computer. You would still have to take the time to organize the information before it became a mess.

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your problem is not that you don't have a paper trail, it's that you didn't back it up. Flash drives are cheap-<$5. For people with smart phones, program called MCBackup-free, that will make copies and send file to your email address. Enough trees have died for no reason..... :old:weee

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
NYB What about your billing is that in cyberspace too? In the next very wealthy town over a man we know has a ski shop. Years ago it burned down with all of the paper records with it. He told us one person paid their bill.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
NYB What about your billing is that in cyberspace too? In the next very wealthy town over a man we know has a ski shop. Years ago it burned down with all of the paper records with it. He told us one person paid their bill.
Catjac, that is so sad! Maybe it says something about the clientele. When I had a business, many of the people who had charge accounts would come in to pay even if I hadn't sent them a statement. Of course, small town, older customer base.....

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
WEll, I am a dinosaur too! I do not trust the computer to not EAT things I store in it and am bad about remembering to back things up. Actually I like my OLD Address book. It is well worn. Kind of a History book. I often add notations of birthdays, anniversaries, new babies, dates of address changes, etc... I also still WRITE letters to friends and family. I do send out short notes Via email but prefer to send and receive LONG NEWSY letters in the Mail box. :) (Yes I am OLD.)

Latest posts