Who keeps a Written Address Book ?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The "list of backup software" is even more extensive than the note taking!

It took me awhile to figure out how using the free Evernote could be better than just texting my mailbox the information. I can edit! Text in a note and later add, move, whatever ... They also have free encryption, protected by another password. They make clear that if you lose it for that document - they can't retrieve it.

Evernote must be very handy for collaboration with others. BTW, downloading software isn't necessary. It can probably all be done without the app, online. Opening an account gives you an address to text or email to.

Here is about.com's comparison of 3 services.

@catjac1975 and @so lucky , your stories remind me of this study: LINK.

Steve

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Doesn't everyone have a paper address book? :hide

My computer is backed up and networked to two other computers and Dh's laptop... it runs a sync every 24 hours. Still, my back-up is in the drawer, with email addresses. They really need to make it less complicated to print out your email contact list.

@digitS' , I use a pencil, remember those things? :eek:

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have an address book too. When I left California, my church bought it, and wrote super nice notes in it with their addresses and phone numbers so I could keep in touch. I would never part with it, and have added another names and numbers as time has gone on. I really miss going there, and haven't found another place quite like it here in Washington.

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I also keep a written address book. I keep it right next to my computer monitor on my desk. Family members know it's there. It has been handy in emergencies when I wasn't home and the mister needed to get in touch w/ my friends when we had a serious family emergency. I've gotten into the habit of just cutting off the address labels people stick to envelopes, and taping them into my book -- that way, no one has to question my chicken-scratch handwriting. I then make notes around those labels as needed, such as birthdays, maybe an email address, or how I know the person (blog reader, aunt, uncle, etc...)

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
SweetMissDaisy thats a great idea (and nice to hear from you!).

I'm not a dinosaur, I have synced calendars that I can access anywhere, am constantly online...but I still have a paper address book.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wish now I was a dinosaur !!!!

:th :smack :gig

Comments such as that makes us dinosaurs let out an evil chuckle, ya know that? :D Because we are dinosaurs intentionally....it's called common sense, sonny. I know that's something one doesn't run across much in the world today but it used to be very valuable to many people....to us dinosaurs, it still is.

Yes, all my phone numbers and addresses are safely written in an address book that I have carried since the stone age. :cool:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
For all of us environmentally friendly tree huggers, we are upset over the needless deaths of our brothers........ I kid, I kid.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Like the power that is used to manufacture and keep running all those technogadgets isn't using coal by the ton and polluting our precious trees.....six of one, half dozen of the other. Except....my address book lasts me a long, long, long time and doesn't require an upgrade every year and more power every single day to keep working.