Why do you do it?

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm thinking Patara was raising runner ducks but I really want muscovies.

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sorry we did kind of got off subject. I do it because I can and for all the other reasons I mentioned earlier. I feel blessed to be able to put a few seeds in the ground and see the great miracle of life!

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I always wanted a garden. Neighbor kid and I planted radishes one year. He got home from school before me and picked all of them. Women across the street had chickens and big garden. They were sisters. Had a house with old wringer washer on the porch, outhouse, no paint on the house. They dressed like Little House on the Prairie. Never saw them without a bonnet. Always working in the garden. My dad moved us so much, so never got to have a garden for low. When I was 17 I planted a garden. Everybody around me had a garden. I was collecting apples and freezing them, fishing and freezing fish. I was obsessed with filling this freezer with food. We moved before I had anything to harvest. Then, in Kansas we owed 5 acres and my brother and I planted a garden, had a strawberry patch, fruit trees and then we sold that place. I had several gardens at rented places. I have always wanted chickens. We have lived in this same house for 9 years, so I have been gardening and planting trees and I will have a few chickens one of these days.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh man, I can't believe it's finally happened to us here.
We went off topic! :lol:

I kept wondering how long it was going to take. ;)

I've only had duck once. It was so greasy that I could barely taste the meat. We joked for a LONG time about going to an expensive restaurant and getting a 'greasy duck butt'.

Latest posts