Will spring ever come?

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
The forecast is so gloomy for this week that the Times Union published a list of books that they suggest you might consider reading while it rains. :barnie

North Carolina weather.....Monday lows In the 30's with frost, thought I was going to loose all the peppers I just planted, but they look like they will make it. Today Sunny, right now 83. Tomorrow again lows In the 30's Highs 70. Big garden still to wet to plant corn after the 2" of rain last Saturday.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
And again, up and down.... it is currently snow, sleet mix. sticking in places like the deck. grrrr. Should be in the 60's for the weekend. fingers crossed.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, the winter storm last weekend turned out to be the snow of the century here - shattered the record for April, and was the 2nd biggest snow storm total in our history (#1 was in the 1800's). Daughter was babysitting for someone at their home, water heater vent was blocked by snow & she had CO poisoning! :ep Fortunately, her & the kids are all OK. Spent 9 hours over 2 days digging us & the daughter out. The final straw came today... my patio roof collapsed from the weight of the snow. It's going to be a bear to clean up, the debris is still covered by about 15" of wet snow. Looks like I will have some demolition & reconstruction to do this summer.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not good to have to struggle thru that.

Paid work hours must have gone missing amidst all those weather-related difficulties.

I hope your back holds up and that you don't trip over any debris. Take it easy, @Zeedman .

Such good news about your daughter and the kids!

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Zeedman so glad nobody was harmed! sorry to hear about the damage.

we're due for some sunshine and mid 40s for a change today! :)

i may even try to get outside for a while... wish me luck...

i did! i did! got outside for a while. not quite as cold as it has been so i was able to get an extra chunk of drain tube down and can now fill in that end (again!) with all the crud i dug out of there. chunks of rocks, cement, just stuff to put down to discourage any casual digging from the other side (which has rocks and chunks of cement piled over it too along with some wire mesh so the creatures can't go up the drain tubes...

having been a wimp all winter i know i'll feel this later. Mom suggested alcohol and/or drugs. how many Mom's say that to their kids? :) she's one of a kind... :) :) :)

Latest posts